WOW

/ WOW #11  
And I spent a big chunk of my little pension this past year buying a new 40" flat panel LCD TV for the living room and a 22" one for the bedroom, along with a new VCR/DVD recorder.:D

/ WOW #12  
Birds stimulating the economy!

I havn't knuckled over and bought an lcd panel yet.. one day maybee..

soundguy

/ WOW #13  
Birds stimulating the economy!

Too much so, Chris. Just when I thought I'd spent all I dared, my wife found an old (2002) "old folks style" car that she wanted, so I had to swap off her 2001 Ford Windstar for it.:(

Attachments

• Crown Vic 007.JPG
    Crown Vic 007.JPG
    368.3 KB · Views: 85
   / WOW #14  
And I spent a big chunk of my little pension this past year buying a new 40" flat panel LCD TV for the living room and a 22" one for the bedroom, along with a new VCR/DVD recorder.:D

Good Evenin Bird,
Nice car !!!

BTW, of course you know Jim and I are pulling your leg ! ;)

I cant say too much, they dont come too much tighter than me ! :)

/ WOW #15  
Scotty, if I was a little tighter, I might have some money instead of being broke.:D

/ WOW
When my son got $50,000 bucks at age 21, he started looking for newer car... Can't seem to find what he wants... Still driving a 20 year old Toyota with duct tape holding it together! He is cheaper than me! Hopefully a Navy Pilot in the next couple years!

mark

/ WOW #17  
When my son got $50,000 bucks at age 21, he started looking for newer car... Can't seem to find what he wants... Still driving a 20 year old Toyota with duct tape holding it together! He is cheaper than me! Hopefully a Navy Pilot in the next couple years!

mark

That sounds to me like a very smart young fellow, Mark. I used to trade cars far too frequently, and I've bought quite a number of new ones, but no new ones in the last 10 years. Our Windstar only had a 101k miles on it and was in good condition and I had no intention of trading it, but my wife has been wanting a full size 4-door sedan and since I've been the one making the foolish decisions in the past, I figured after nearly 44 years, I ought to let her have what she wanted this time.:D This old Crown Vic only has 41k miles on it and was a one owner car (another oldtimer) who traded it in to the dealer that services our vehicles. And it actually is getting better gas mileage that the Windstar.

/ WOW #18  
Too much so, Chris. Just when I thought I'd spent all I dared, my wife found an old (2002) "old folks style" car that she wanted, so I had to swap off her 2001 Ford Windstar for it.:(

If that Crown Vic was gold, it would be a dead ringer for my in-laws car. It's been a good one for them.

Bird, I've been going through this LCD/HD/Converter/Antenna/Satellite quandry for quite some time. I got two converter box coupons and think I will set up the converter with my TV antenna attached to the rail on my deck to see what level of signal I can get. I know TxDon gets HD on rabbit ears, but he is only around 50 miles from Austin. I'm 74 miles from the broadcast towers in Dallas. My signal used to be mostly good with a rooftop antenna and amplifier/splitter, but digital may not be strong enough to not drop out frequently. I don't want that hassle, but I'd sure like to tell DishNet to keep their HD programming that costs me $20 extra per month.

If we could get local OTA HD programs, I think I'd just blow off DishNet. It really irritates me to not have the capability of sending the HD signal from my satellite receiver to any room in the house. Even if I put a splitter or distribution amplifier in, the remote control is IR and has to be line-of-sight to the set. 95% of the time, we are watching one TV in one room of the house. I don't like paying $5 per month extra for rental of the satellite receiver for every TV. I suppose if there was some real quality programming instead of Man vs Wild, or Survivorman, or Animal Cops, I'd be happier. But, I feel like I'm wasting money on watching people blow stuff up, eat bugs, or an escape artist do stupid things that kids will try to copy for years to come. I'm starting to wonder why I need HD to watch this mindless drivel.

/ WOW #19  
That sounds to me like a very smart young fellow, Mark. I used to trade cars far too frequently, and I've bought quite a number of new ones, but no new ones in the last 10 years. Our Windstar only had a 101k miles on it and was in good condition and I had no intention of trading it, but my wife has been wanting a full size 4-door sedan and since I've been the one making the foolish decisions in the past, I figured after nearly 44 years, I ought to let her have what she wanted this time.:D This old Crown Vic only has 41k miles on it and was a one owner car (another oldtimer) who traded it in to the dealer that services our vehicles. And it actually is getting better gas mileage that the Windstar.

them crown vic's are good cars.. i had one for a while.. a 90 I believe.. built like a tank.. was like a yacht trying to park it though1

soundguy

/ WOW #20  
them crown vic's are good cars.. i had one for a while.. a 90 I believe.. built like a tank.. was like a yacht trying to park it though1

soundguy

You know Ford decided to drop the Crown Vic from individual sales; supposedly still have them for fleet sales and police sedans. But of course the Mercury Grand Marquis is the same thing; just have to get them from a different dealer.

It's been a lot of years since I drove the big Ford police sedans, but I always liked them. When I retired, my city car was a Chevrolet Caprice and I liked it, too.