Pretty Lame Daytona 500

/ Pretty Lame Daytona 500 #1  

JB4310

Tractor
J.D. 4310 E-hydro
Not much else to say, except a little controversy with JR and the 10 car wreck otherwise uneventful, I think it was shaping up to a good ending if it didn't get red flagged.

JB.

/ Pretty Lame Daytona 500 #2  
i personally think NASCAR died the same day Dale Sr. did. i wasnt a fan of his either, but the sport has just changed SO much since then(for worse in my opinion) and i continue to lose more interest every year. heck, i didnt even watch the Daytona 500 and i can remember spending an entire Sunday afternoon watching that very race from start to finish when i was younger. now i could care less. College football is my passion nowdays.

/ Pretty Lame Daytona 500 #3  
i personally think NASCAR died the same day Dale Sr. did. i wasnt a fan of his either, but the sport has just changed SO much since then(for worse in my opinion) and i continue to lose more interest every year. heck, i didnt even watch the Daytona 500 and i can remember spending an entire Sunday afternoon watching that very race from start to finish when i was younger. now i could care less. College football is my passion nowdays.

I don't watch much NASCAR these days either, but i do like to hear on sportscenter that kyle busch didn't win. (ford fan)

I agree with you RollingsFarms,

I would rather watch College football than any other sports.

/ Pretty Lame Daytona 500 #4  
i do like to hear on sportscenter that kyle busch didn't win.

Totally agree with you there I can stand him, that and he reminds of "Peewee Herman".

I didn't get to catch too much of the 500, but I wasn't too impressed by what I did see. I have seen better ones in the past and thought there was more action in the Shootout and the Duels than the 500. Though those are basically sprint races, and the action was just getting started when they called the 500 for rain.

The only interesting thing to see was "the big one". I'm a Junior fan and will say he was pretty guilty in causing that wreck, but after having the frustrating pit road mishaps and over exaggerated officiating calls, who could blame him. I loved how Brian Vickers in his interview afterward said something to the extent of, "My big thing with that move is he's causing the wreck in front of the whole field, I mean that's just uncalled for to jeopardize all those cars." Yes Brian, I'm sure that's your big problem with it seeing as how you did the same thing to Jr, and your then teammate Jimmie Johnson, when they were leading at Talladega in 06'.

/ Pretty Lame Daytona 500 #5  
Totally agree with you there I can stand him, that and he reminds of "Peewee Herman".

HA HA HA :D

He does look like Peewee Herman:D

Last year one of the other drivers called him a girl.:D

/ Pretty Lame Daytona 500 #6  
I got home in time to see them red flag the race and shortly after make Kenseth the winner. I wanted to watch the race, but not actually for the race. I don't normally like wrecks but I really wanted to see the new Camaro pace car. :D

/ Pretty Lame Daytona 500 #7  
It's been so long that I can't remember being interested in NASCAR. I used to love watching it in the 60's and 70's with Buddy Baker, Cale, Donny and Bobby Allison...etc..etc... but ever since the corporate folks got involved, and NASCAR started making all the engines and vehicles run the same it got boring to me.

For the youngsters on here, do a search for "Tiny Lund". I lived a long time in Moncks Corner SC where Tiny lived, you talk about a driver, he was one of the best, and his story of winning the 1963 500 is the way NASCAR used to be.

Stu

/ Pretty Lame Daytona 500 #8  
Waltrip's father was on the TV news in Nashville last night. Seems like the more he talked about it, the worse it got.

/ Pretty Lame Daytona 500 #9  

I agree. Nascar died with Dale Sr, but, it was on it's way out with the introduction of pit row speeds, restrictor plates and political correctness.
:(

/ Pretty Lame Daytona 500 #10  
Davey Allison, Alan Kulwicki, Mark Martin, Bill Elliot (#9 Coors version) etc. were/are some of my favorites...haven't really kept up with the new "young guns"...