Off Topic but "Happy Memorial Day"

/ Off Topic but "Happy Memorial Day" #1  

Hoosier_Daddy

Platinum Member
Tractor
New BX2200 4-3-02 (traded 6-08) new B2620 06-08
Off Topic but \"Happy Memorial Day\"

Have a safe and Happy Memorial Day Weekend. Take a little time out to Remember and Honor our "Defenders of Freedom".

A lot of people complain about taxes (I do) and our government's involvment in everyone's business (I do) and all kinds of other things (I do).

But, you have to admit "It's one he11 of a great place to live and raise a family".

And, to our Canadian neighbor's, I include you as well. The border is just a line and we all cherish the same freedoms.

Memorial Weekend is a special weekend for me. A time of reflections. Some sad and somber but all respectful of the sacrifices of those who went before us.

So, enjoy your weekend, your family and your friends and be thankful we can talk about and buy tools and tractors and the land to play with them on....... Tom,

/ Off Topic but "Happy Memorial Day" #2  
Re: Off Topic but \"Happy Memorial Day\"

Well said, Hoosier Daddy. Having been one of the many "Defenders of Freedom", the holiday means something special to me, especially when I reflect back on those "Defenders" that I had the honor of serving with that are no longer with us.

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=white>Bless</font color=white> <font color=blue>America</font color=blue>

/ Off Topic but "Happy Memorial Day" #3  

<font color=blue>But, you have to admit "It's one he11 of a great place to live and raise a family".</font color=blue>

AMEN

/ Off Topic but "Happy Memorial Day" #4  

Right on!

And, Fly Your Flag!!!

If you pay a visit to your local American Legion or VFW Post they may provide you with a small Flag to post at the grave site of your beloved Veteran. They do that here.

Tim

/ Off Topic but "Happy Memorial Day"

Thanks Tim for the added "fly your flag comments". I fly my lighted flag all year. Tom

/ Off Topic but "Happy Memorial Day" #6  
Re: Off Topic but

I cannot imagine what this Country would be without our Veterans. We take our Freedoms for granted. Jerry

/ Off Topic but "Happy Memorial Day" #7  

"We take our Freedoms for granted."

And that my friend might be the best complement of all to those who've sacrificed. That we have the opportunity to take them for granted.

/ Off Topic but "Happy Memorial Day" #8  

You know when Leno does those "jay walking interviews" of people on the street?

He asked some young gal once what Memorial Day was and she said it was "so people would remember when summer started".

I think every young person should spend at least a year in some sort in service to their Country.......

/ Off Topic but "Happy Memorial Day"

Billy, don't remember that one but I do remember the answer from one Lad when Jay asked him what Memorial Day meant to him and he said" Gas prices are going up" .

Well, you cannot argue that one but it's sad these people don't have a clue as to the cost of their Freedom's...... Tom

/ Off Topic but "Happy Memorial Day" #10  

We fly the colors year round too, long before 9/11. I'm proud of this place I call home!

It is good to see this thread. I get really dissappointed seeing many of our "serious" holidays diluted down to a three day salethon for cars or clothes.