In My Next 30 Years.....

/ In My Next 30 Years..... #1  

scott_vt

Tractor
1986 MF 1040, 1942 Farmall A, 1949 Farmall Super A
Good Afternoon Guys,
Im gonna have some fun... :)

Can you tell Im bored a bit... ;) Thinking of things that need to be done for spring. My beloved 1982 Wheel Horse C-125 has a seat that is totally shot. I call the dealer this mornin and tell him what Im looking for... hold on just a bit sir... ohh here it is..... its a bit expensive, but we do have one, it will be $176 plus tax :eek::eek::eek: ! Thanks for your time bud but I really dont think soo... !

Whats a guy like me gonna do, cheapscate that I am,OK go to Ocean State job lot buy 4 sponges $10, one roll of black tape $3 and go to work ! :)

Good for another 20 or so, wouldnt yea say ? :rolleyes: I guess I can reward myself with a beer for that job ! :D

Attachments

• SeatB4.jpg
    SeatB4.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 206
  • SeatAf.jpg
    SeatAf.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 219
   / In My Next 30 Years..... #2  
Looks like you bought one to many sponges and too much black tape... Could have saved a bit more $$.

mark

/ In My Next 30 Years..... #3  
c'mon scott,
how are us dealers going to stay in business
if everybody uses tape and sponges for repairs?????

:D

/ In My Next 30 Years.....
Looks like you bought one to many sponges and too much black tape... Could have saved a bit more $$.

mark

Good Afternoon Mark,
Yea Id bring the sponge back but the gas would cost me more ! ;)

c'mon scott,
how are us dealers going to stay in business
if everybody uses tape and sponges for repairs?????

:D

Good Afternoon Dutch,
Good to hear you on ! Sorry,your right of course...
but working three days and collecting for the other two I need to be creative... :D

/ In My Next 30 Years..... #5  
For the next 20 years... should rebuild "donut" shape!

mark

/ In My Next 30 Years..... #6  
RED GREEN would be proud of you.
Good Afternoon Guys,
Im gonna have some fun... :)

Can you tell Im bored a bit... ;) Thinking of things that need to be done for spring. My beloved 1982 Wheel Horse C-125 has a seat that is totally shot. I call the dealer this mornin and tell him what Im looking for... hold on just a bit sir... ohh here it is..... its a bit expensive, but we do have one, it will be $176 plus tax :eek::eek::eek: ! Thanks for your time bud but I really dont think soo... !

Whats a guy like me gonna do, cheapscate that I am,OK go to Ocean State job lot buy 4 sponges $10, one roll of black tape $3 and go to work ! :)

Good for another 20 or so, wouldnt yea say ? :rolleyes: I guess I can reward myself with a beer for that job ! :D

/ In My Next 30 Years..... #7  
I do believe inspector 507 would be tad jealous...top notch yankee ingenuity.

/ In My Next 30 Years..... #8  
Is it spring already? Ican hear a baby robin singing a song,cheap,cheap,cheap,cheap:D

/ In My Next 30 Years..... #9  
Scotty,

I can honestly say that is the finest sponge taping of a lawn tractor seat I have ever seen.;):D.

David

/ In My Next 30 Years..... #10  
Scotty,
Tractor Supply has utility seats in black or yellow for $49. Not quite as cheap as your repair but a little better looking and far less than your replacement quote.
P.S. Don't let the wife see that extra sponge. She'll have you wash dishes with it instead of using the dishwasher to save on electric and water.

Attachments

• 0278001.jpg
    0278001.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 1238151.jpg
    1238151.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 56