50 cal gun

/ 50 cal gun #2  
Good Afternoon Jimmy,
Wow impressive !!! Where do I sign up for one ? ;)

/ 50 cal gun #3  
The video is as informative as an anti gun ad.

Found two things I found out I never knew before

1. The .308 is the standard AK47 round
2. It take between 15 to 20 seconds between shots with a bolt action rifle. How old of a rifle were they talking about?

Funny the video doesn't show some guys being dropped and having to lug that rifle around:D

/ 50 cal gun #4  
Good Afternoon Jimmy,
Wow impressive !!! Where do I sign up for one ? ;)
Sign up for it right here: Barrett Rifles The M107 is the same thing as the civillian 82A1, only it has spikes on its bipod feet and fancier takedown pins.

The video is as informative as an anti gun ad.

Found two things I found out I never knew before

1. The .308 is the standard AK47 round
2. It take between 15 to 20 seconds between shots with a bolt action rifle. How old of a rifle were they talking about?
I agree that the bit was a little sketchy on some facts, but interesting nonetheless.

/ 50 cal gun #5  

Funny the video doesn't show some guys being dropped and having to lug that rifle around:D

Good Evenin Joe,
Admittedly not the gun person some of you guys are, but I do own two bolt action rifles :rolleyes:, seemed a bit far fetched to me ! ;)

/ 50 cal gun #6  
Sorry guys, just the party pooper in me:p

Just wonder how many people will actually think that a .50 caliber rifle will actually look like the Barrett:rolleyes:

/ 50 cal gun
Ha ha ha ha

It is a bit over the top I admit, but look at the size of that round!

I have a 20 year old bolt action .22. Takes me about 10 seconds to reload so I won't be defending the nation without an upgrade.

I didn't mean to start a debate, it's just neat is all. It's a pretty serious gun! LOL:D:D

/ 50 cal gun #8  
folks,
That 10 seconds is bung!
on the ole M40-- the Marine Corps bolt action sniper rifle...
I have personally put 3 rounds out in 12 seconds..
One on the ground, one chambered, fire, bolt, drop in, fire, bolt, drop in, fire..

But anyway you can't believe all that u see on the discovery channel!

Part of that is vendor hype anyway!

Later,
J

/ 50 cal gun #9  
You can also buy a working replica of a civil war cannon, but what practical utility does it have to any of us? Most people would be far better protected by a 12 gauge pump loaded with buckshot.

/ 50 cal gun #10  
Definitely pretty cool, I'm surprised there's not more recoil, that guy squeezed off 10 rounds without much effort.

Like the guy said probably the most cost effective way to demoralize the enemy.
I thought at one time it was against the Geneva convention to engage human targets with .50 cal? maybe just a myth.

20 seconds to reload? what a black powder gun?