Expensive Kite

/ Expensive Kite #1  

tallyho8

Elite Member
Who Dat Nation west of Westwego east of Ama south
Tractor
Kubota L4400, Kubota ZD326
My grandson's Spiderman kite landed in one of our large pecan trees and he came to me with tears in his eyes saying "Poppy, get my kite out the tree for me". :( I couldn't resist.

At $200 a day for lift rental, I did more than kite retrieval. Although the smile on his face was worth the $$, I also mounted 2 lights on 30' poles in my arena and trimmed bunches of trees so I reckon I got my money's worth.

(and before the safety police come after me, I told him to hold on with both hands)

Attachments

• kite.jpg
    kite.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 300
   / Expensive Kite #2  
The right thing to do - and getting your things done is a bonus;)

/ Expensive Kite #3  
Good Mornin Dudley,
Your without a doubt, the best Grandad going ! ;)

/ Expensive Kite #4  
My daughter was traumatized by losing her kite at about 4 years old.

We never knew it and kept trying her to fly a kite but was always afraid to because she "lost" hers. She never flew a kite a gain till she was 10.

Man one never knows what sticks in a Child's mind.

So it's good thing you went after it...who knows how it would have effected him, I sure got an education.

/ Expensive Kite #5  
My daughter was traumatized by losing her kite at about 4 years old.

We never knew it and kept trying her to fly a kite but was always afraid to because she "lost" hers. She never flew a kite a gain till she was 10.

Man one never knows what sticks in a Child's mind.

So it's good thing you went after it...who knows how it would have effected him, I sure got an education.

That is a very interesintg story. Funny what kids think isn't it?

Tallyho8- geesh you ARE a soft touch!

/ Expensive Kite #6  
Using the best little-kid's voice I can. . . "Poppy! Would you please come help me pressure wash and stain my house?"

Is it working? . . . nah! Didn't think so.;)

/ Expensive Kite #7  
A ride up in a lift?!?!! I'd be trying to hang a kite in the trees again real soon :D:D

Last edited:
   / Expensive Kite #8  
A ride up in a lift?!?!! I'd be trying to hang a kite in the trees

How long do your reckon it'll be before it's back up there?:D:D:D

/ Expensive Kite #10  
Way to go!

Funny kite story. We "lost a kite" once when the string broke. It went way up and the string got tangled in a very high branch on a tree. That kite flew above the tree for about 3 days!