Razor Blades and Wal Mart

/ Razor Blades and Wal Mart #1  

hunterridgefarm

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130DT, Kubota L185DT, JD LX277
Well here is my rant for the day. Went to Wal Mart for the second time this year, only went 3 times last year;)...I hate to go there.

Needed some razor blades you know the cool kind, 3-4 cutter blades per head, 6 for $19.95. Well they lock up their razor blades now:mad:, you have to call someone to get the blades for you:mad:, and if you need to shop more they won't give them to you but take them to a register for when your ready to leave:mad:.

I told the lady to keep them, I would go somewhere else and buy them. Of course my wife tried to get me to go ahead and buy them since everyone is locking there razor blades up!!!

Razor blades...there locking up razor blades now:mad:... whats the world comming to!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess I need to get grandpaws straight razor out and learn how to use it.:eek: Do they have internet hook up in the Emergency Room?:eek:

/ Razor Blades and Wal Mart #2  
Too many people stealing those little pieces of gold. My walmart isn't locking them up yet though

/ Razor Blades and Wal Mart #3  
It was recently publicized that WalMart no longer prosecutes shoplifters for under $25 theft. So maybe they'll be locking up everything under $25 eventually:p

/ Razor Blades and Wal Mart #4  
I wouldn't know if the Wal-Mart by me is locking them up. I refuse to shop at Wal-Mart. I HATE that place.

But, I know what you mean. People are stealing everything, and making it hard on us honest folks. I bet they don't keep the bics locked up:D.

/ Razor Blades and Wal Mart #5  
WOW is all I can say...
I thought something was weird a few weeks back when I went in to replace my electric razor and couldn't find em.

A lesson I learned a long time ago was an electric razor shave does not burn nearly as bad as a blade razor when you go to for annual trip to the tear gas chamber. Ahh the good ole days!! Semper Fi !

Been shaving with an electric razor for nearly 15 years now and not sure if my face could handle a blade much...

Maybe I'll try again if the electric ones get any more expensive..

J

/ Razor Blades and Wal Mart #6  
Our WM did that for a while, but has put them back out. Must have been during the time I grew a beard.

/ Razor Blades and Wal Mart #7  
What really ticks me off about WM is when I do go there and find something I want to buy they have only a few registers open with lines six or more deep, and a trainee on the register trying to figure it out.

/ Razor Blades and Wal Mart #8  
Some local places are keeping them at the courtesy counter. Others have installed displays that have a plexiglass door over them, when you lift the door a buzzer sounds:mad:. Some places have roll down doors in the razor display and they lock the razors up when the drug counter closes for the nite.

Honestly, Ive grown tired of these multiblade profit making razors:eek: so im going oldschool. Ive ordered a new German Merkur safety razor. Id rather pay .50 than 2-3 dollars a blade. Old school razors are gaining increased popularity due to bade costs.Theres a bit of a learning curve, and there not as idiot proof as the multi blade heads with built in "suspensions" so im likely gonna bleed for the first week or so lol.

Momentum Grooming

Heres a link to a forum about everything shaving Badger & Blade

/ Razor Blades and Wal Mart #9  
Real men just pound the wiskers in with a hammer and chew 'em off from the inside. :D

/ Razor Blades and Wal Mart #10  
Off topic, but I noticed a similar thing at TSC - with chainsaw cutting chain, bars, sharpening files, and even the bar grease gun. A little more understandable than the razors, but still a pain.

Time was, in retail, loss prevention was maintained by well trained employees (being vigilant), being properly staffed, and providing good customer service. Now it's security tags and locked up merchandise.

Don't know if its the economy, or just a pervasive laziness - very frustrating....