Golfgar - You'll love this !!

/ Golfgar - You'll love this !! #11  
Re: Golfgar - You\'ll love this !!

Bird,

Pretty nice looking courses! I'll bet they've got some really great views! I've never played in West Virginia. Will have to put this on our list of things to do on our "walk about" when I retire./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Golfgar - You'll love this !! #12  

You'll enjoy Pipestem. Everytime we stayed there we were in an RV, but they have a hotel, cabins, lots of recreational stuff in addition to the golf courses. If I remember right, 2 holes on the par 3 course are over 200 yards. Naturally, there are deer and turkeys on the golf courses, too. Pipestem in West Virginia and Elmendorf AFB in Alaska are the two golf courses I've enjoyed the most.

/ Golfgar - You'll love this !!

I reckon having a full jet Airport with control tower, and many highrise buildings, they would have thought of that before.

But hey, I'll ask !!!!!!!!

Cheers

/ Golfgar - You'll love this !! #14  

While we are on the subject of golf, I would like to share the story of my grandfather, C.M. Gilmore, who died Dec. 29th at the age of 101. He lived and golfed in the small town of Malakoff, TX. Back in 1997, when Tiger won the Masters, the local Fox station and then Fox Sports featured a story on him as a contrast to Tiger (oldest vs. youngest?). The reporter followed him on his daily routine, hooking up his golf cart/trailer, driving to the course, and playing.

He fell and broke his hip in November and had it replaced, but never fully recovered. We all think it is because he realized his golfing days were over. He played 4 or 5 days a week, weather permitting, and had done so for over 30 years. He didn't take up golf until he retired at the age of 65. The day before he fell, he was on the golf course, and shot an 80. Pretty good to shoot 21 strokes less than your age. The family had a few golf tournaments in his honor a few years back. He tried to play at least one hole with each group.

At his funeral procession, one of his grandkids drove his car behind the hearse, pulling his golf cart, leading the procession around the streets surrounding his golf course. Even his casket was golf-themed! I will always think of him every time I pick up a club.

/ Golfgar - You'll love this !! #15  

<font color=blue>"At his funeral procession, one of his grandkids drove his car behind the hearse, pulling his golf cart, leading the procession around the streets surrounding his golf course. Even his casket was golf-themed!"</font color=blue>

That's a really neat story!/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif See, if you want to live to a ripe old age, just play golf!!

When I go, that's the way I'd want to go. Of course, by then, my golf cart will be pulled by my tractor!/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Golfgar - You'll love this !! #16  

Just put me in the FEL. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Jerry