/ Golfgar - You'll love this !! #1  

njrqs

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L1-20 DT
Golfgar - You\'ll love this !!

Gary

You'd be in heaven..........

We spent a day last weekend (or the one before - who cares) on Hamilton Island in the Whitsundays (Island Group off North Queensland).

A very flash resort Island with highrise buildings etc. We were the poor day trippers !!

The only vehicles on the Island are golf buggies. 1000's of "Club Cars".

Even the villas etc. have little garages for your buggy.

We hired one for the day and motored around everywhere. Not being a golfer, I thought these buggies are really cool and am now wondering if I could hook up a PTO........ /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif

Only thing is, there is no golf course, only a driving range /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

Attached is a pic of our young fella with his Grandad.

Cheers

Attachments

• 6-154061-Mvc-908f.jpg
    6-154061-Mvc-908f.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 63
   / Golfgar - You'll love this !! #2  
Re: Golfgar - You\'ll love this !!

<font color=blue>"The only vehicles on the Island are golf buggies. 1000's of "Club Cars"."</font color=blue>

Neil,

That's almost golfer heaven you're talking about there! They've got the golf carts and the driving range - all they need is the course! /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif Any explanation as to why there's no course?

Did you see any customized golf carts? When I was in Florida one year, I was tooling around the course and when I pulled up to the 19th tee (bar for you non-golf types! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif), I parked next to a golf cart that looked like a Rolls Royce! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif I've also seen a Cadillac and a Hummer! Must be nice to have that kind of money! /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif These customized carts are real popular in retirement communities, like Lake Havasue (SP?) City in Arizona.

<font color=blue>"Not being a golfer, I thought these buggies are really cool and am now wondering if I could hook up a PTO........"</font color=blue>

Our City Park Department uses a golf cart to drive around the downtown area. It has a small box on the back to haul tools, flowers, etc. It doesn't have a PTO, but it does have a trailer hitch so they can pull water tanks, spray tanks, etc.

<font color=blue>"Attached is a pic of our young fella with his Grandad."</font color=blue>

Good looking driver you've got there! I bet Grandpa lives to spoil him, doesn't he?

Hey, thanks for thinking of me Neil! /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif I'm always happy to discuss any aspect of golf......at least when I'm not trying to learn more about tractors! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Golfgar - You'll love this !! #3  

<font color=blue>customized carts are real popular in retirement communities</font color=blue>

I saw more in Sun City (Phoenix) than anywhere else I've been; had to stop at a dealer to look at some of them up close. They had the Rolls Royce (gasoline powered) and the Mercedes (electric) besides the "normal" carts. Sales lady claimed that electric Mercedes would run 25 mph and tried to get me to take it for a test drive, but I told her I was only a curiosity seeker./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Golfgar - You'll love this !! #4  

Some of those carts are getting pretty sophisticated, that's for sure. In these communities where they're used, they even have turn signals and brake lights.

I don't remember what the name of the thread was, and I can't find it, but sometime ago someone posted a picture of a new kind of "urban" car that I think Ford was/is developing. Not only could it be used on the streets, but it could be driven right out onto the golf course too! Now that's my kind of golf cart! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif I hope it doesn't come out before I'm ready to buy my tractor, or I may have a REAL problem!! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

/ Golfgar - You'll love this !! #5  

Golfgar, maybe you can combine your passions?

Buy a tractor with some big galaxy turfs, weld up a golf bag holder for the FEL, and tow a couple reel-mowers off the back end. Soon, they'll be paying you to golf.

Maybe you can fill-in some of those pesky water hazards while you're at it. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Jerry

/ Golfgar - You'll love this !! #6  

<font color=blue>"Buy a tractor with some big galaxy turfs, weld up a golf bag holder for the FEL, and tow a couple reel-mowers off the back end. "</font color=blue>

OH MAN/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif Do I like the way you think!!/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

Let's see, I'll use a MMM for mowing, so that'll leave the 3 pt free for a carry-all that I can use for the other guys clubs in my group. (Gotta keep my golfing buds happy!). Then I can use the FEL for the on-board beverage container.

Or, maybe I should put a tree puller on the 3 pt to take care of those trees in my way, instead of using my foot wedge?/w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif

Or, I could mount a PHD off the FEL bucket (like a Bobcat) and then I could "relocate" the cup to a more user friendly location!

Or, I could........

I'd better take it easy here! I don't even have the tractor yet!

Sure does provide a lot of good day dreaming though, don't it?/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Golfgar - You'll love this !!

Gary

It was your signature that reminded me !!

We even bought a little mine golf car (model size) for Matthew when he gets a bit less destructive !!

No custom ones but there were some 6 seaters there.

We were shocked to find no golf course. The island is very hilly and even the runway (Yes proper big jets land there - Refer attached) has been cut and filled through some of the island.

So I guess no room for a golf course.

Cheers

Attachments

• 6-154395-Mvc-014f.jpg
    6-154395-Mvc-014f.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 49
   / Golfgar - You'll love this !! #8  

<font color=blue>"So I guess no room for a golf course."</font color=blue>

Hmmmm?/w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif There's always room for a golf course! How about a par 3 course? You know, one of those courses that you only use irons on and the yardage for each hole is generally under 200 yards (I don't know what that would be in your measurement units).

That's it, Neil! You can recommend they build a par 3 course, and you'll help them so you can get more seat time! It'll add to the local economy by helping draw in more tourists, and add greatly to your enjoyment! Can't get better than that - unless of course you get free golf for the rest of your life! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Golfgar - You'll love this !! #9  

Niel,

I saw the big boats in your last picture. Which one of the yachts is yours? Can you get a tractor on the stern?
What size diesel does it have? How many gallons per
hour does it burn?

/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Very good looking grandkid. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Looks like he was
having fun!

Later...
Dan

/ Golfgar - You'll love this !! #10  

Neatest par 3 course I ever played is at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.pipestemresort.com/recreation.html>this place</A>. And their championship 18 hole course is also one of my favorites.