Our Congress

/ Our Congress #1  

Bird

Epic Contributor
Does anyone know where the following originated, or whether it's factual or not? I received it in an e-mail today, but I've also received it in the past.

<font color=blue>The Organization

Can you imagine working for a company that
has a little more than 500 employees and
has the following statistics:

29 have been accused of spousal abuse

7 have been arrested for fraud

19 have been accused of writing bad checks

117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at
least 2 businesses

3 have done time for assault

71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit

14 have been arrested on drug-related charges

8 have been arrested for shoplifting

21 are currently defendants in lawsuit

84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the
last year.

Can you guess which organization this is?

Give up yet?

It's the 535 members of the United States
Congress - the same group of individuals that
crank out hundreds of new laws each year
designed to keep the rest of us in line.<font color=blue>

/ Our Congress #2  
<font color=blue>Does anyone know where the following originated, or whether it's factual or not? </font color=blue>

Truth or Fiction

Kevin

/ Our Congress #4  
Lets be nice now, after all, we have the best Congress and senate money can buy. Unfortunately, most if not all of them have been bought by one lobby or another.
The government of, by and for the people has been bought and paid for by one lobby or another, and it's now a government of elitist basturds who will screw the people at the drop of a dollar.

/ Our Congress #5  
Franz
Sadly I half to agree with you. Sometimes I think when they get to congress they really do intend to do good things. But then cant /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif It may say for the people by the people but I believe your version is more correct or it could say for the lobbiests, bought out by the lobbiest's.

/ Our Congress #6  
Be careful Bird,posting these politically sensitive issues/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gifyou might offend some one and get a veto/censor put on you.You might want to be careful there might be a congessman or a congressmans relative lurking about on this board.So..........just a warning.....heck I might be a congessman,congessman Hillbilly that has a ring...Woops congressman,lets be politically correct and non sexist it should be congress person.I was watching a show the other day about a school in California where you go and learn how your animals communicate and what they are saying to you,my dogs and cats formerly known as [pets]should be considered non human friends/companions....

/ Our Congress
<font color=blue>learn how your animals communicate and what they are saying to you</font color=blue>

I'm not sure I want to know what Buster, the Rat Terrier, is saying to ME, but I sure wish he could understand what I'm saying to HIM sometimes! He found a rabbit's nest under one of the tomato plants and he's brought a baby rabbit to the door 6 times in the last two days./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif He hasn't hurt any of them; just wants to bring them to play with and I keep putting them back and trying to get him to stay out of the garden.