Tractor
    JD 3320

Default Sauna--Ceramic or Carbon based heat??

My In-laws are looking into saunas for their basement--they cannot decide between conventional ceramic based heat or newer carbon based--anybody know of primary pros and cons of each? Which way would be safest for indoors and fastest to heat up--or give the best sauna feeling. I am not a sauna user so don't have any good feedback to give them, and they can't seem to find any good info other than what the stores and manufacturers websites tell them.
    Thanks,
    B8fish
    3320 300CX w/teeth, 448BH, MX-5 ,5' BB, 6' rear blade, JD 757ZTR, MS261, MS211

Silver Member
    Tractor
    L3540HSTC-3 B7100DT Ford 9n

Default Re: Sauna--Ceramic or Carbon based heat??

I'm from the UP of Michigan and there are thousands of sauna's up here, mostly wood heat. I have one in the back yard built around 1920 with square timbers by hand and has wood heat. Stove was a kit from Nippa stoves.

Here's the sauna stove company not far from here (NIPPA Sauna Heaters and Wood Stoves). There is a lot of info on their site. They have wood, gas and electric stoves. Also you can ask questions.

Ed