Value of a bus conversion?

/ Value of a bus conversion? #11  
that bus puts me in mind of an old German who spent 4 years converting a Divco milk truck into a camper so he and his wife could finally tour America. Never did find out how far they got, but it must have become a 1 way trip to someplace.
When you build something like that, you don't build in the hope of selling to someone.

/ Value of a bus conversion?
You're right about that, and I guess it shows. This friend had a dream ever since who-knows-when to retire early and tour around the country in a converted school bus. Well, this was the dream. They lived the dream for many years, and the bus has been a lot of fun for them. However, that time has come to a close, and a new chapter is beginning for them. I don't really think they ever had the intention of selling it, so in that regard everything is cool. Whoever does get it for however much, will get a real nice machine; it has a lot of miles left on it, and it's great for getting into far away places on the cheap.

/ Value of a bus conversion? #13  
What a beautiful machine. I, too, would aim for the hot rod crowd with that. Might have some luck.

You might have him try <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.traderonline.com/>http://www.traderonline.com/</A>. They have collector car and RV sections. Good luck.

/ Value of a bus conversion? #14  
This is actually an idea, I am not trying to be smart as usual.

AFTER attempting to sell the bus for a reasonable time period, have the RV professionally appraised and donate it to a church or a "Museum of Americana". My buddy's dad had the very first self contained RV registered in Michigan (so he tells me). The state had to create the vehicle designation for him. Yes, it was a converted school bus!

/ Value of a bus conversion?
Now that's not a bad suggestion. I don't know what tax bracket they're in these days, but this could be a way to feel good about saying goodbye to their baby w/o losing too much moola.