Drive On Boat Dock

/ Drive On Boat Dock #1  

JDGREEN4ME

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 2520, John Deere X534, GT 225, GT 275
Anyone have any experiance with the floating "drive on" boat docks. We are thinking of one as a possible option instead of a boat lift for our lake property. :)

/ Drive On Boat Dock #4  
Did you see the tire on the trailer?
That is why such trailers should always have rear jacks to support the weight; many a trailer has been ruined that way. That looks to be a 7k car hauler, meaning the load should be no more than around 5k. I thought I heard one of them say "6,000#" pounds for the machine. I don't recognize that particular piece of equipment, but I would bet on closer to 8,000# or so....just my opinion. And there's no way that thin sheeting will spread the load. I haven't finished the video yet, but I smell disaster.

/ Drive On Boat Dock #5  
That is why such trailers should always have rear jacks to support the weight; many a trailer has been ruined that way. That looks to be a 7k car hauler, meaning the load should be no more than around 5k. I thought I heard one of them say "6,000#" pounds for the machine. I don't recognize that particular piece of equipment, but I would bet on closer to 8,000# or so....just my opinion. And there's no way that thin sheeting will spread the load. I haven't finished the video yet, but I smell disaster.

Oh they make it. lol :eek:

The machine is a ditch witch trench hoe. my 6510 has a cab but is otherwise the same and rings in at 9600# wet. (with fluids not lake water);)

/ Drive On Boat Dock #6  
Yep, I was mistaken, but not wrong(i.e., it was an incredibly unsafe and imprudent thing to do). Bravado does not equal bravery. We didn't see the "dock" as it was being towed, but if it was still sitting 6" underwater in the middle I would think any wake they hit might just turn the machine right over.

Just based on the gross overloading of the trailer, I wouldn't let any of those guys touch my equipment.

/ Drive On Boat Dock #7  
Oh they make it. lol :eek:

The machine is a ditch witch trench hoe. my 6510 has a cab but is otherwise the same and rings in at 9600# wet. (with fluids not lake water);)

I lied as of today its 8300#, its B.H. and saw are a little bigger then the one in the vid

/ Drive On Boat Dock #8  
That tire was DOA before they even started to unload.