A new toy arrived today, but...

/ A new toy arrived today, but... #11  
Dave,
It had holes but they didn't line up. I bought a Woods toothbar, not a NH one.

--Brad

/ A new toy arrived today, but... #12  
Was the woods bar cheaper/different/better than the NH bar? Just wondering what I might have missed out on (besides the joy of drilling two holes through steel /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif)

/ A new toy arrived today, but... #13  
I don't know. That was just what the dealer offered. He gave me the choice between a standard and deluxe model, both Woods brand. I got the deluxe model, it will fit over a bolt-on cutting edge. He didn't even mention NH brand.

/ A new toy arrived today, but...
<font color=blue>"All electrical is dead while waiting for the new drop?"</font color=blue>

Exactly. The barn is the only structure on the land I bought. There is a now-condemned house adjacent to my property and it's now-dead electrical used to service the barn. Now there is no electric in the neighborhood. /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif

<font color=blue>"which toothbar did you get?"</font color=blue>

I opted for the one with the replaceable caps. I have a fixed cutting edge on my 61" JD bucket on a 420 loader so I got the one for fixed as opposed to the one for bolt on cutting edge. The bar was $266. I'm guessing freight in the $20-$25 range so I should be under $300 when the credit card statement arrives.

/ A new toy arrived today, but... #16  
<font color=blue>I got the deluxe model, it will fit over a bolt-on cutting edge.</font color=blue>

Do you have a bolt-on cutting edge? Been thinking about one, but if I just keep thinking its not going to save my bucket cutting edge! /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif Would like it for two reasons:
1) save the bucket edge from premature wear
2) stiffen the bucket edge to prevent bending (have already had to straighten the edge out after an oops).

AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!! NO electrician today. His wife called me less than thirty minutes before he was supposed to meet me there to tell me a medical malady would prevent him from being there and he'd have to reschedule for NEXT Thursday.

Now I'm experiencing the domino effect. I have to reschedule other work on the barn because of no electicity for power tools we'll need. I have to reschedule work on my trailer I'd planned on doing there when the electricity was done for the same reason. I also have to delay work I was going to do with my loader with it's new toothbar installed because it won't be, again, because of no electricity to run power tools to use to install it.

I am soooo frustrated. Now, of course, we'll have an incredible week of good weather, I'm sure. AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!

/ A new toy arrived today, but... #18  
Gary,
With all of the troubles you are having I would think that renting a portable generator would be in order. Although it hurts the pocket book it keep the blood pressure under control/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif.

Good luck, and one of these days you will be able to close with that famous A-Team sayint, "I love it when a plan comes together!"

Randy

RJ, thanks for the good wishes. Truth be told, anymore when something like this happens, I just kind of lean back and smile about it. I learned a long time ago that my reaction to something like this wasn't going to change anything. Maybe I've gotten philosophical about these things in my old age. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I just figure I'll get by. At least I always have. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ A new toy arrived today, but... #20  
Ditto on renting a generator. That's what was used to put our barn up because electric was one of the very last things to go in. We installed a separate, underground service and it wasn't worth it to install a temp service.