Hairline crack on toilet bowl..

/ Hairline crack on toilet bowl.. #11  
Good decision. Murphys law says its guaranteed to break at exactly the wrong time.

A friend of mine was renovating the bathroom himself late one night to surprise his wife who was out of town. He nearly had it all done, except he dropped the new toilet as he was getting ready to install it (the $800 one his wife picked out, and theres a 2-week wait for).

He had already tossed the old toilet, so he had to buy a tempory toilet to install while a replacement for the $800 one was ordered.

He also had to redo some of the tiling, which was damaged by the dropped toilet, and he had no tiles left to do it, and the tile he used was no longer available in the same color - so he had to redo the entire floor with new tiles.

When it rains, it pours :eek:

/ Hairline crack on toilet bowl.. #12  
A little tid bit I learned from a plumber once...Before you remove the toilet take a plunger and plunge as much water as you can down the drain. It will be less likley to leak while you carry it outside that way. Also keep the toilet tilted so the tank is above the bowl while carrying to avoid spillage.

/ Hairline crack on toilet bowl.. #13  
Yep - probably a good idea to replace it -- how much did you say you weigh?:rolleyes::rolleyes: -- just had to throw that in :D

/ Hairline crack on toilet bowl.. #14  
Broken toilet ??? Lemme guess............ Taco Bell for dinner last night?? ;)

/ Hairline crack on toilet bowl.. #15  
You must realize that if the toilet fails, it will do it at the worst possible time when you are ____ ____ ____ .:eek: (You can fill in the blanks.;))

Lemme see ..... hmmmm...... Oh I get it.

Reading the paper

Had me going for a minute;)

Mark

/ Hairline crack on toilet bowl.. #16  
A little tid bit I learned from a plumber once...Before you remove the toilet take a plunger and plunge as much water as you can down the drain. It will be less likley to leak while you carry it outside that way. Also keep the toilet tilted so the tank is above the bowl while carrying to avoid spillage.

or you can suck the water out with a wet/dry vac, both procedures work.

/ Hairline crack on toilet bowl.. #18  

Personally, I prefer getting all the water out of the tank with a sponge or towel, then taking the tank off first and get it completely out of the way before removing the bowl. And the first one I ever did, many years ago, taught me to never use the cheap wax ring again.:D

/ Hairline crack on toilet bowl.. #19  

I'm lazy.. i take the tank off and make it ez on myself.

I also lay a couple old towels down around the bas to protect tile / linoleum. or whatever floor is there that won't like ceramic sliding across it..

soundguy

/ Hairline crack on toilet bowl.. #20  
taking the tank off is not the only issue...there is water in the ptrap of the toilet that needs to be removed. the slightest tilt one way or the other and it all comes spilling out the bottom. i remove the tank also to help with weight distribution when lifting.