Hello Washington State members/travelers

/ Hello Washington State members/travelers #1  

gotrocks

Platinum Member
Tractor
B-2910 delivered 8/23/01
Greetings,
I hope this is an OK posting.
If my wife's chemo keeps working we would like to visit Washington State next March or April.

With no first hand knowledge of that part of our great USA, I have started looking at flying into Seattle Tacoma.

Janet gets great pleasure from flowers/gardens etc. Daffodils are her favorite.

So far we've been looking at a loop up to Canada - Butchart Gardens and back down far as Aurora Oregon. This is by no means "carved in stone"

I have already noted to pack our passports.

If that's enough intro now for the request.

Please make suggestion for places to see AND stay (scenic motels or B&Bs).
Routes to take ... in other words share anything that you feel would be of interest to two 76 years old. (We aint dead yet!) We can still walk a mile in our own shoes.:)

If it would be better for TBN please send personal email to me.

Also if you would allow a call or visit- provide your phone number/address.
We don't eat much.:D

Thanks in advance to any and all replies. Norris

/ Hello Washington State members/travelers #2  
If she likes growing gardens in addition to visiting them, my wife likes ordering from Raintree Nursery. They've got a ton a fruit trees/bushes and are located in Morton, WA. I'm not sure about spring, but in the fall they have a few workshops and things like an apple tasting (we went to one of these, you wouldn't believe how many varieties they've got!). It's a beautiful part of the country if you like green things - and don't mind a little humidity. :)

/ Hello Washington State members/travelers #3  
Tullip fields of Mt Vernon, Deception Pass Bridge, ride a Washington State Ferry, Pike Place Market. Great State, I lived in Coupeville Wa. for ten years when stationed at NAS Whidbey Island.

mark

/ Hello Washington State members/travelers #4  
Portland rose garden: Portland's Rose Gardens and Rose Garden Store | The Gardens
Oregon scenic drive: Multnomah Falls & Historic Columbia River Highway
File:Multfalls.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/columbia/millennium2/map2a.jpg

the drive to Multnoma falls also has several other falls you can stop at and view- truly a magnificent drive and one that cannot be missed if your in the Portland area.
Multnoma falls is often featured as cover pictures or listed as one of the top 10 places to see by Rand McNally road maps

/ Hello Washington State members/travelers
jdbower mjarrels Sackett2

Thank all of you for your suggestions.
I have put notes on my DeLorme\Street Atlas USA 2007 showing the suggested locations.

I'll keep adding if any others would make suggestions.