Diesel powered car wins 24 Hrs of Le Mans

/ Diesel powered car wins 24 Hrs of Le Mans #2  
You said it WOW!

I wish diesel was more popular here like it is in europe. We have a diesel car and while diesel is fairly easy to get in the country it's not as popular in the city.

/ Diesel powered car wins 24 Hrs of Le Mans #3  
Audi has won the previous three years with a diesel as well- I love my two Volkswagen TDI's.

/ Diesel powered car wins 24 Hrs of Le Mans #4  
Coupla years ago VW's TDI (Golf or Jetta?) set a new Pike's Peak climb record

/ Diesel powered car wins 24 Hrs of Le Mans #5  
Coupla years ago VW's TDI (Golf or Jetta?) set a new Pike's Peak climb record

When it comes to climbing Pike's Peak, I think it would depend more on the driver than on the vehicle, unless it's changed a lot since I drove up it in 1988.:D Of course it was an easy drive for me, since I wasn't in any hurry and was on a BMW R80RT motorcycle.:D

/ Diesel powered car wins 24 Hrs of Le Mans #6  
Whoa, Bird! Nice bike, that was!

These guys in the TDI VW were pros, I have to admit... they even had a laptop set up with a moving map, where each corner was shown in advance, with a rating for how sharp it was. The co-pilot was continually reading out a numerical value as the driver roared & chewed his way along. ("Right, seven...")

They had a video camera set up on the dash- I watched it 3 yrs ago at a VW get-together. Pretty impressive, nonetheless; not too shabby for a 1900 cc diesel!

/ Diesel powered car wins 24 Hrs of Le Mans #7  
It helps to have a turbocharged anything when going up an incline to the top of Pikes Peak!