Happy Father's Day

/ Happy Father's Day #1  

MossRoad

Super Moderator
Tractor
Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year
Happy Father\'s Day

I'm surprised now one said it yet! So, happy father's day to all you fathers out there.

I was awakened to screams of joy by two happy daughters bringing me home made cards and chocolate and a "Sponge Bob Square Pants" T-shirt. I spent the day with my wife and kids at the in-laws house. Spent some time on a tandem bike with my 9 year old. Attempted to get her to ride her own bike by herself. She smacked into a mailbox. She was OK, but scared. Went out on the tandem bike again for a while. Then she asked to try her bike alone again and did it! I was a proud father /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Happy Father's Day #2  
Re: Happy Father\'s Day

<font color=blue>I was a proud father </font color=blue>

And you have every right to be, David. /w3tcompact/icons/king.gif

Had a pretty good day myself. After the initial onslaught of hand-made cards 'n' stuff, my kids insisted -- repeat, insisted, that I spend the whole day on my tractor! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif The only condition was that I take periodic breaks to play tetherball with them. I was quite agreeable. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

No shortage of tractor chores, being that it's fire season and all. I don't think I've ever done so much brush hoggin', box bladin' and FEL work in a single day before. By the end of the day both my tractor and myself were totally covered with dirt dust and weed trimmings. It was pure bliss.
smile.gif

My kids (9 and 4) were so genuinely pleased to see me enjoying myself on my 'Bota, that when it came time to let me choose which "restaurant" to have dinner at on the trip home, it was no contest. I got squeals of delight when I announced we were going to Wendy's. Turns out that's their favorite. Who knew?
wink.gif

/ Happy Father's Day #3  

OK, now I get it. Hence my confusion in another post.

We have father's day in September.

Cheers Dads !!!

/ Happy Father's Day #4  

<font color=blue>We have father's day in September.</font color=blue>

That makes sense. We both have Father's Day in the spring.

I'm glad ya'll all had a great Father's Day. I did too. Of course my kids are forty, thirty five, twenty nine, and twenty four. The oldest two I had the hard way. I married their momma who was a widow.

We worked around the house all day. It was a good day. My youngest has a talent for cards. She can make tears come to dear old dad's eyes everytime. Yesterday was no exception.

/ Happy Father's Day

99 cent chicken nuggets?