Nice Fish

/ Nice Fish #1  

Redfisher

Silver Member
Tractor
Cub Cadets 104,129,149, Jinma 284
Hi,Guys

Got my fish back from the taxidermist.Almost 2 years but it was a good deal /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
I caught it in lake Ontario in the Great salmon hunt.I was in the top ten(won some fishing tackle) Anyways he's a nice size Chinook. Any guess's to his weight? He is 42" long and 25" around. Anywho thought some of you fishermen would like to see it.

Attachments

• 6-161878-Mvc-fish.jpg
    6-161878-Mvc-fish.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 76
   / Nice Fish #2  
Probably weighs a lot more than when he was alive, with that chunk o' softwood screwed to his ribs. No wonder he's hollerin'! /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

How about 35lb, sans lumber? BTW, is that Norway pine?

/ Nice Fish #4  
Nice fish. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Just finished making plans for my annual trip to Lake Ontario. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif Always hoping to get that one lucky fish that will win the Great Salmon Hunt. /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif
/w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif How about 39 lbs?

/ Nice Fish #5  
Now that looks like it might be worth letting the tools rest for a day or two..............

/ Nice Fish
<font color=blue>How about 35lb, sans lumber? BTW, is that Norway pine</font color=blue>

<font color=red>How about 39 lbs?</font color=red>

You guys are close/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif it was 37 lbs

That was the only time I went fishing in lake Ontario,I have a boat up on lake Huron.But was offered to go out on a charter boat and I nailed my fish of a lifetime. My biggest king up on lake huron was 32lbs.You can still eat the fish out of lake huron unlike lake ontario /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

btw the wood is baslm poplar.

/ Nice Fish #7  
Well, at least we fenced it in, weightwise. Balsam Poplar? Gotta go look that up.

A very nice fish.

/ Nice Fish
<font color=blue> Balsam Poplar? Gotta go look that up. </font color=blue>

Thats what it has stamped in ink on the back of the wood.

We have lots of poplar at our cottage(They grow like weeds)
But I don't know about balsam poplar.

/ Nice Fish
<font color=blue>Balsam poplar (Populus balsamifera) is the northernmost American hardwood. It grows transcontinentally on upland and flood plain sites but attains the best development on flood plains. It is a hardy, fast-growing tree which is generally short lived, with some trees reaching 200 years. Other names are balm-of-gilead, bam, tacamahac, cottonwood, or heartleaf balsam poplar. Many kinds of animals use the twigs for food. The light, soft wood is used for pulp and construction.</font color=blue>

I had to look on the net for this info,Not the same poplar we have ours are softwood.

/ Nice Fish #10  
Yeah, our poplar grows about 18" in diameter then dies. You can almost push it over, and the ice storm really made a mess. When there's wind, it topples over, raising a flat root mass 6-8' in diameter. Unless it hangs in a pine. One of our tractor projects is to go cut up the poplar and pile the roots in one place to rot.