Better ride than Kubota

/ Better ride than Kubota
Roy, Sounds like a great ride! This is my 18th Porsche. Most I ever had at once was seven. It would drive my wife crazy every time I would drag one home. Attached is a photo of some of them in our driveway at our old house. Sold them all to build this place/w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif but it was worth it in the end./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif As for the white targa, no more thermal reactors. I have done a bunch of upgrades to it that all early 911's need to cope in the real world!

Attachments

• 6-163046-porsches.jpg
    6-163046-porsches.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 44
   / Better ride than Kubota #12  
I need to introduce you to one of my customers. He picked up restored 911T for his wife and it's sat under the tree and after about five years looks now like it needs a frame up restoration. If they weren't gonna drive and use it they should have put it inside on blocks.

I envy your fun. The biggest problem with cars is I really don't like working on them. I like making them, just not working on something someone else made, character flaw.

/ Better ride than Kubota #13  
"This is my 18th Porsche. Most I ever had at once was seven."

Wow!!!

Nice looking collection you had!! The Antique business must be doing good for you (I see that slope nose car...never saw a cheap one!).

The only way I could afford mine was by doing my own work. I hooked up with the guy who had maintained the car since new. He needed help (one man operation), I was working nights...so it turned out to be a good situation for us both. I worked on some really nice cars..mostly Porsche with a few other exotics now and then.
I went to all the swap meets and was in the Porsche Club for years. Y'know, I just got a PB Tweeks catalogue in the mail. I haven't had my Porsche for about 5 years now..was kind of surprised I was still on their mailing list. It was nice looking through it, but I can't really say I'd want another one (had sports cars since '73...various models and marques), but that new Boxer (looks like the old 550 Spyder) looks mighty inviting!!

/ Better ride than Kubota #14  
Even when it's up to windshield level..?

One year I had to fly down to Atlanta on business. As we pulled into the hotel, an Excaliber was right in front of us. You sure could tell the geeks coming from rural settings...for amid all the "Ooohs" and "Aaahhs" were a couple of "Bet it sucks in the snow!"

Pete

/ Better ride than Kubota
Roy, The slope nose was built on a 69 tub. I only had about $9k into it! Most of the parts were used off of wrecks that I would pick up at the swap meets. Had a built 3.2L with S cams and webers on it, and a few other tweeks to it. Put out a little over 325 hp. The car weighed in around 2100 lbs. with me in it. Most of the body was fiberglass and lightened where I could. Was a ball to drive, and great on the track. Its really the only one that I miss.

/ Better ride than Kubota #16  
I've got a 1984 Porsche 944 w/ 2.5 NA

All stock

Bought it new in 84' still going strong with 140k

Handles soooooooooo gooooooooood

The 944 isn't too good in the snow