Better ride than Kubota

/ Better ride than Kubota #1  

Von

Veteran Member, Advertiser
Tractor
Kubota B2710
See attached photos. Just got my car out of storage. With this cold wet spring, and being pulled in all different directions I couldn't find the time to do it before now. Had to get a new battery as the old one would not hold a charge. Car is a 76' 911S with only 40k miles. Car is all original from paint to tires! (need to change those tires this year!) Now that my daughter is 16 she thinks she will be driving it......FAT CHANCE!!! Heck the wife doesn't even get to take it out without me in it!

Attachments

• 6-162856-targa.jpg
    6-162856-targa.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 67
   / Better ride than Kubota #2  
Hey Von,

Have you had that since it was new ??? Sure is a nice looking ride...

/ Better ride than Kubota #3  
I like how you kept it parked in the shade.

/ Better ride than Kubota
Gobbler, No, I got it from the original owner about two years ago. He was an old customer of mine when I had my auto resoration shop. It had 37k miles when I got it, and no one ever worked on it other than me! So I know its history!

/ Better ride than Kubota #5  
Cool looking car!!!

I had a '77 Targa for about 15 years. It was all original initially...but I put a 2.4 ltr case bored to 2.7 with Webers, sport muffler and all the trimmings...had "E" cams for good mid range acceleration. This was basically the same engine as the '73 Carrera (my all time favorite Porsche) except for the cams.
Also flared the fenders..again, same as the '73 Carrera.

Do you still have the thermal reactors on your Porsche, Von? They can be tough on the engine seals. I put the SSI heat exchangers on mine. I couldn't use them with the Weber carbs anyway.

Sold the original 2.7 engine for about 2000 bucks or so.

It was a great ride!!! But, we needed money badly...bummer!

/ Better ride than Kubota #8  
So, where's the 3 point hitch??? Don't see a PTO!!! Is the FEL a quick mount, or what??????

/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Seriously, I'm jealous.

/ Better ride than Kubota #9  
"But how does it handle in deep snow..?"

Actually, with that boxer 6 cylinder aft of the rear wheels, Porsches do very good in the snow!!!

/ Better ride than Kubota #10  
That's one cool car/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif