James Bond films

/ James Bond films #1  

Hillbilly

Platinum Member
Remember Live and Let Die?Sir Paul McCartney wrote the soundtrack...I remember at the time the movie held a record for the most vehicles/airplanes etc ever been destroyed to make a movie.

/ James Bond films #2  
Which was your favorite Hillbilly? I think mine was Diamonds Are Forever. This was last one Sean Connery starred in when he took the role seriously. He came back in Never Say Never Again but somehow he didn't really seem up to par.

/ James Bond films
Thats a hard one to answer....I liked the ones with Roger Moore the most....But then in again...thats hard to say.Octopussy,is that the one I Rita Coolidge sang the theme song to?
I liked the Peter Sellers movies too.
I always wished Redford and Neumann would make one more together.

/ James Bond films #4  
Not too sure who sang theme song in Octopussy. Liked your suggestion though about Redford and Newman doing another movie together. They were great in Butch Cassidy.... Did you know one of these guys (not sure which one) was a second choice for Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid? There was another actor who turned down one of these roles. My mind slips here and I can't remember who it was that turned down the lead role.

/ James Bond films #5  
<font color=blue>Octopussy,is that the one I Rita Coolidge sang the theme song to?</font color=blue>
All Time High by Rita Coolidge

/ James Bond films
Thats right.

/ James Bond films #7  
I'm not positive, but I think it was Steve McQueen that turned down the role picked up by Newman.

/ James Bond films #8  
I heard it was Victor Bueno or Sebastian Cabot. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ James Bond films #9  
I believe you are correct about Steve McQueen. I just watched the movie the other night on AMC's "much more movie" where they have little tidbits about the film as they show it. Pretty cool idea, althouigh I sometime find myself watching the bottom of the screen instead of the movie! I was always amazed at the train explosion scene. That was years before Industrial Light and Magic, and the actors were sooo close to the actual explosion!

/ James Bond films #10  
You've got it Wasabi....now I remember. It was Steve McQueen. Another great actor in the Great Escape and Bullet. Bullet BTW still has greatest car chase scene of any movie I've seen.