Help! Need Suggestions for Anniversary Present.

/ Help! Need Suggestions for Anniversary Present. #1  

MrP

Gold Member
Tractor
None: Sold Kubota L3410 HST 4WD
My anniversary is this weekend. I need to buy my wife several small presents. I am having the equivalent of writters block! Any small in expensive presents that you have bought your wives that were a big hit?

/ Help! Need Suggestions for Anniversary Present. #2  
Mike,

I got my wife a nice "anniversary" ring for our last anniversary. It had a few small diamonds in it, but it didn't cost over $100.00. You can find them at any department store, even Wal-Mart's and such.

BUT, it wasn't the ring itself that was the big hit. I wrapped up some smaller gifts, each one under $25.00. Then I hid them around the house. I wrote up little poems that were clues to where she could find the next gift. All in all, I think I gave her 4 gifts.

BUT - that wasn't what made it work. It was the fact that (now these are her words!) I thought of it all by myself and did it without any help or suggestions from her.

They don't really care how expensive it is. What they really want to know is that we (men) care enough to do something special without having to be told.

And asking advice on TBN doesn't count as being told!! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Good luck!

/ Help! Need Suggestions for Anniversary Present. #3  
6pack of chainsaw oil -- but then she's a bit different -- she likes all this tractor and chainsaw stuff -- I knew I'd met the right one when I met a girl that owned her own chainsaw. (Our last anniv. was our tenth and I bought her an aniv ring that had 10 diamonds in it and set me back a bunch - but I wasn't able to afford a nice wedding ring 10 years ago so this made up for it) good luck

mike

/ Help! Need Suggestions for Anniversary Present. #4  
I have a very practical gal who enjoys the outdoors......
Last fall she made a comment while we were out cutting wood she wished she had a chain saw. So I bought her one for Christmas....... Then one of my friends who was with me when I bought it started giving me a rough time at the tavern about it. So, just to be sure I had my bases covered I made to Victoria Secret.......

Tom

/ Help! Need Suggestions for Anniversary Present. #5  
Since this is a public forum, use a touch of imagination.. but I once wrote my (now) wife some coupons.

one for nice back massage
one for dinner at her place of choice
one for shopping spree at her favorite place
one for foot massage
you can be as creative as you care/dare?

A dear old friend once told me the perfect gift you can get someone is something you know they want but will not buy themselves.

Two years ago for Christmas, she gave me NO hints at all on what she might want.. soooooooooooo, she had a HUGE box under tree & another smaller but VERY VERY heavy box... little did she know, she had a brand spanking new shop vac AND (yes, no holds barred) battery charger!!!

Suffice it to say, her memory failures for ideas has suddenly had an absolutely perfect record!!! (meaning I now ALWAYS have a catalog with dogeared page & SOMETHING marked) Evidently she does NOT want me to use my newly found creativity now that we're married...I think she preferred my PRE marriage ideas much better!!! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Help! Need Suggestions for Anniversary Present. #6  
golfgar gave u good advice> it don't matter the cost, just make it special to her. i remember 1 year i took and made a bunch of notes, telling her how much i loved her, then i stuck them in all kinds of places, she was finding them for months. guess it was ok as we have been togeter for 39 years.U GUYS AINT GOING TO THROW ME OFF THE TRACTOR FORUM FOR BEING SENESTIVE ARE U?

/ Help! Need Suggestions for Anniversary Present. #7  
He11 no! You showed all the married guys how to score brownie points and not spend one red cent!!! /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Help! Need Suggestions for Anniversary Present. #8  
Sorry I can't help you. My wife always picks out her own (generally expensive) gift, so there are no disappointments. I the month of May is her birthday, our wedding anniversary, and mother's day! (3 strikes, I'm out!). She showed me a flyer from Macy's that had 2 Gucci watches on the back page. Both were listed for $695 each (an acceptable price for 3 gifts in one). Both her and I agreed we licked the one with the small diamonds on it, as opposed to the other one. Went to the store and found that it was a misprint, that one was $1300!. Guess which one she ended up with!/w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

/ Help! Need Suggestions for Anniversary Present. #9  
Mike....

Apart from the ring or momento you'll give her, one other thing that you can give her (and it's free) is a big kiss and telling her how much you love her. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Bob

BTW, my anniversary also is this weekend on the 29th.

/ Help! Need Suggestions for Anniversary Present. #10  
Way to go Frank!

I liked all the low or no cost suggestions, poetry etc. A self made coupon for a night out to include dinner, and a movie or concert or play depending on HER taste is good but don't forget to get her at least a single red rose bud if not more flowers. Women might protest but few really don't want to receive giftw with absoluttely no practical use. I have bougt my wife rifles, a pistol, camping gear and on and on but you got to throw in something with no practical application once in a while. Flowers are good for that.

If I bougt my wife a Gucci anything that cost over $100 I might regret it (she is frugal that way) but if I gave her a weekend in a bed and breakfast place with a view and lots of lacy curtains with the room dressed up like a picture in house beautiful she would swoon. If it were in a quaint looking area and was within walking distance of antique and collectible junk stores she might try to check to see if aliens hawd replaced me with a replicant that she might prefer. First she might worry about my wasteful spending but if I put down a non-refundable deposit so she couldn't get cold feet, she would go and have a good time.

It is a phony deal and not official with any REAL astronomical society in good standing in the scientific community but she might get a kick out of having a star named after her. You get an official manuscript detailing the coordinates of HER star. Guys might think it silly but broa uhh errrahh ladies go for that sort of thing. I've seen the reaction on women, quite positive.... HER STAR!!!!

Best of luck,

Patrick