Rust in large gas storage tank

/ Rust in large gas storage tank #1  

wjoerob

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota 6100
What's the best way to get rust out of a large (300 gal.) gasoline storage tank? I've seen some discussion on here about smaller tanks. Bought this with a stand about 2 yrs. ago, discovered it has some rust, but no obvious holes. It does have a place for a paper filter above the hose and nozzle. Someone mentioned Evapo-Rust, does that work for larger use? I'd like to store gasoline when the prices are low -- wish I'd done it 4-5 yrs. ago...

/ Rust in large gas storage tank #2  
You could build some kind of rotating frame to put it in and put some gravel inside. Spin it around for a couple days. Make sure to call Guiness 1st though, it might be the worlds largest rock tumbler.

/ Rust in large gas storage tank #3  
Wonder if your bulk fuel supplier would have any ideas. Surely they run into this from time to time.

MarkV

/ Rust in large gas storage tank #4  
What's the best way to get rust out of a large (300 gal.) gasoline storage tank? I've seen some discussion on here about smaller tanks. Bought this with a stand about 2 yrs. ago, discovered it has some rust, but no obvious holes. It does have a place for a paper filter above the hose and nozzle. Someone mentioned Evapo-Rust, does that work for larger use? I'd like to store gasoline when the prices are low -- wish I'd done it 4-5 yrs. ago...
What ya gonna do with it after you clean it out ?