pledge of allegiance

/ pledge of allegiance #1  

Anonymous Poster

Well, our wonderous judicial system has ruled that our pledge of allegiance is unconstitutional as of today. What's next? They'll be wanting to take "In God we trust from our currency"

I'm telling you, This nation was founded on these principles and we became a great nation this way. I say if it offends someone then that's just too bad. They should just deal with it. Fox News took a survey and almost 90 % didn't want the pledge changed. What about the 90% that are now offended???

/ pledge of allegiance #2  
<font color=blue>Well, our wonderous judicial system has ruled that our pledge of allegiance is unconstitutional as of today.</font color=blue>

I believe this was a Court of Appeals ruling. It will likely be appealed and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Supreme Court tackle this one.

Having said that, I agree with you. America was founded by pilgrims coming here from England and elsewhere in Europe because they sought freedom to worship God the way they wanted to and to escape a usurious tax system that was prevalent in Europe 500 years ago. Things are proceeding down a path when God may turn His back on America (if He hasn't done so already).

Regards,
Bob Ancar
Cambridge, NY

/ pledge of allegiance #3  
What's next is that the Constitution itself will be declared unconstitutional. It declares in the Preamble that the purpose of the constitution was to secure the "blessings" of liberty and it clearly states that it was signed in the "Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven....."