I need a pedal power 4-wheeler

/ I need a pedal power 4-wheeler #11  
WOW !! What fantastic looking vehicles,..I love it! We have a need for some exercise too, along the same lines but sorry, no wheels. Ours is an aluminum pontoon pedal boat by Aqua-Cycle and is perfect for our lake (pond).

If you have water Ken,...its fantastic exercise for the legs, ancles, knees etc and handles equally well with one or two folks side by side. (Or with a couple grandkids diving off the after-deck, and scrambling back onto the pontoons)!

OR,... after they've gone home and things quieten down again,..its a great way to invite your favourite gal, (wife) for a glass of wine and a peaceful, quiet sunset cruise. . . . (although the frogs can get pretty loud!)

Good luck with it, let us know what you settle on.
CHEERS!
. . tug

/ I need a pedal power 4-wheeler #12  
Pedal Powered Four Wheel Drive SUV Invented in Germany : TreeHugger

This looks cool, I want one now.

trailcart-bad-kissingen-allrad-messe.jpg

That trail cart looks really cool.

I like this snow plow . . .

trailcart-snow-8.jpg

/ I need a pedal power 4-wheeler #13  
I wish I had never seen this thread. Now I am going to buy one of these. I wonder how much it weighs?

/ I need a pedal power 4-wheeler #14  
on a practical note, I'd expect a mountain bike pulling a cart to be easier as a practical matter

/ I need a pedal power 4-wheeler #15  
Sorry Joe,...I called you Ken above by mistake. What a great thread this is and what a fantastic aray of pedal powered vehicles. Opens up some interesting areas of thought does it not?

If thinking of buying, from this, there are likely many more? If thinking of building one, it opens up some wondrous places from which to dream and design!!

I love my pedal powered boat and the idea of working the legs appeals greatly at this age.

Shame to get old,..to think how my heart would have raced as a kid, at the sight of one of those four wheelers and the dreams they would conjur had there been such things!!!

CHEERS!
. . tug

/ I need a pedal power 4-wheeler
Once again, thanks to all for your good ideas and pix. Some of these look like pedal-power vehicles I'd like to check into.

/ I need a pedal power 4-wheeler #18  
I rented one of the 4 wheel surrys to ride at Erie Pa and it was all flat as a pancake and paved roads and after a mile I'd have paid double for them to come pick it up and let me walk back. If you say that yall need exercise then forget these things and start walking. After you get in great condition you may then want one just to show others how tough you are now, but it would kill a good man trying to get into shape pedaling one of those things. I read somewhere one time that a tandem bike make each person work 2 x's as hard, I know that surry made me work 4 x's as hard as riding a bike. Go rent one and try before you buy. HTH, later, Nat

/ I need a pedal power 4-wheeler #20  
Does anybody know of a vehicle like an ATV, or 4-wheeler, but that operates by pedal power? Wife and I are both 54, need to get around our 20 acres, but we need the exercise and don't like wasting gas. I've seen 3-wheel bikes, and 4-wheel bike-type "cars". What would really work well is a cross between a bike and a golf cart. It would need balloon tires because the ground is all kinds, smooth and rough. Would be sweet if it could be covered or even enclosed in winter. And 3 gears are more would be good, since we have a hill. Does any company sell something like this, or do I need to figure out how to make it?

My son has several for sale. He had a business and it has failed, not working in his area. I was going to sell them on Amazon for him. He has some that are six passenger, so they have several seats, the areas could be modified into cargo space and it has a full canopy, so enclosing it should not be difficult either.

Karen dig2dye@yahoo.com I can send you pictures.