Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota 6100

Default I need a pedal power 4-wheeler

Does anybody know of a vehicle like an ATV, or 4-wheeler, but that operates by pedal power? Wife and I are both 54, need to get around our 20 acres, but we need the exercise and don't like wasting gas. I've seen 3-wheel bikes, and 4-wheel bike-type "cars". What would really work well is a cross between a bike and a golf cart. It would need balloon tires because the ground is all kinds, smooth and rough. Would be sweet if it could be covered or even enclosed in winter. And 3 gears are more would be good, since we have a hill. Does any company sell something like this, or do I need to figure out how to make it?

Tractor
    Bobcat CT230

Default Re: I need a pedal power 4-wheeler

Quote Originally Posted by wjoerob View Post
    Does anybody know of a vehicle like an ATV, or 4-wheeler, but that operates by pedal power? Wife and I are both 54, need to get around our 20 acres, but we need the exercise and don't like wasting gas. I've seen 3-wheel bikes, and 4-wheel bike-type "cars". What would really work well is a cross between a bike and a golf cart. It would need balloon tires because the ground is all kinds, smooth and rough. Would be sweet if it could be covered or even enclosed in winter. And 3 gears are more would be good, since we have a hill. Does any company sell something like this, or do I need to figure out how to make it?
    Im on the case. Google don't fail me now.

Edit: I wouldn't worry too much about balloon tires as they are heavy and have a really high rolling resistance, mountain bikes make it through all types of terrain on 2" wide knobby tires.
    Last edited by archerm3; 09-02-2009 at 11:04 AM.

Tractor
    Bobcat CT230

Four (4) Wheel, Two (2) And Four (4) Person Surrey Bike DX Surrey Four Wheel Bi

It looks like you can get a 7speed gearing package for this one at internationalsurreyco.com
    Last edited by archerm3; 09-02-2009 at 11:41 AM.

Tractor
    Bobcat CT230

Tractor
    Bobcat CT230

tumtumcar 4 wheel bicycle Manufacturer exporting direct from United States

1000 for the pedal only three speed, 2500 for one with 6.5hp electic assist.

Tractor
    Bobcat CT230

Also check Adult Tricycles - Three Wheel Bicycles , Industrial Trikes , Bikes , Motors., us supplier for some of the above and others.

Tractor
    Bobcat CT230

jump-showroom

Rhoades car.

Cant get a picture separate but definetly check this one out, 36 speed gearing available and positraction.

Tractor
    PT-422

Quote Originally Posted by archerm3 View Post
    jump-showroomCant get a picture separate but definetly check this one out, 36 speed gearing available and positraction.
    WOW archerm3!!

Next time I need suggestions I'm gonna contact you directly... U DA MAN! We had the same problem as the OP but went for gas-powered because I had no clue of the pedal powered options.

P.S. where are you? I'd invite you to be a guest at our archery range if you were close enough.

Phil

Tractor
    Bobcat CT230

Quote Originally Posted by Phils View Post
    WOW archerm3!!

Next time I need suggestions I'm gonna contact you directly... U DA MAN! We had the same problem as the OP but went for gas-powered because I had no clue of the pedal powered options.

P.S. where are you? I'd invite you to be a guest at our archery range if you were close enough.

Phil
    Nebraska...lol, but would love to shoot anywhere!

Tractor
    Bobcat CT230

Jeez, now I'm thinking about getting one to pull a gang reel mower to mow the lawn, how fun would that be?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast