Local Tractor get together in Austria

/ Local Tractor get together in Austria #1  

ultrarunner

Epic Contributor
SF Bay Area-Ca Olympia WA Salzburg Austria
Tractor
Cat D3, Deere 110 TLB, Kubota BX23 and L3800 and RTV900 with restored 1948 Deere M, 1949 Farmall Cub, 1953 Ford Jubliee and 1957 Ford 740 Row Crop, Craftsman Mower, Deere 350C Dozer 50 assorted vehicles from 1905 to 2006
Snapped a couple of pixs at a local tractor get together last month... Seems love of old Tractors is universal round the world.

Couldn't resist taking pictures of the old Steyr 15 tractor that I used to drive mowing the fields... and yes the fender auxiliary seats are OEM. I was able to confirm with a factory mechanic that many tractors of this vintage came auxiliary seat equipped as built.

I've spent many a day as a child riding on the fender as my Uncle tended his fields with his tractors... and later letting me cut the grass and bring home the hay... some of my best childhood memories.

Also snapped a picture of the a red Porsche Diesel Tractor for performance tractor enthusiasts...

Attachments

• Steyer 15.jpg
    Steyer 15.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 207
  • Steyer 15 with me.jpg
    Steyer 15 with me.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 211
  • Steyer 14 with kids.jpg
    Steyer 14 with kids.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 371
  • Porsche Tractor.jpg
    Porsche Tractor.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 1,240
Last edited:
   / Local Tractor get together in Austria
The Porsche has electric start...

It has a Crank Hole... but I imagine it is just to turn-over the engine and not for starting...

The Porsche also has one auxiliary seat on the fender for a rider...

The Green Steyr Diesel is crank start only and it takes some muscle to get it going... On a cold winter day I would have to unscrew a fitting and add a glowing bunt to it and screw the fitting back in... I guess this is where the term glow-plug comes from? Many have added electric start and some are still original 15 hp hand crank diesels

The other Red Tractor was interesting because it is All Wheel Drive and the undercarriage is massive.

I added one picture of my nieces...

Attachments

• Porsche Side.jpg
    Porsche Side.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 328
  • 4 wd Tractor.jpg
    4 wd Tractor.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 223
  • Austria 07, Uncle Seppi's House.jpg
    Austria 07, Uncle Seppi's House.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 171
   / Local Tractor get together in Austria #5  
I never knew Porshe made a tractor. It looks fairly modern (50's 60's??).....how old is it? Gotta love those second seats....the safety guys would be all over those today...lol.

Do you have a picture of the Unimog?

I don't... thought I had one :-(

Still see them around over here... the local city uses them in winter to spread gravel and one is set up with a 3-way dump bed... often wondered why we don't have 3-way dumps here in the States... at least, I've never seen one on a small truck.

I never knew Porsche made a tractor. It looks fairly modern (50's 60's??).....how old is it? Gotta love those second seats....the safety guys would be all over those today...lol.

Porsche stopped making tractors in 1963... about a 1000 units were sold in North America in the 50's and 60's.

Here's a link:

Porsche Diesel Tractor Registry

I loved to ride in those seats... sometimes the only transportation a family had was their tractor and riding on the fender seats sure beats riding in the hay wagon...

/ Local Tractor get together in Austria #8  
   / Local Tractor get together in Austria #9  
Nice pictures.

I knew that Lamborghini made tractors, but I didn't know Porsche made them.

Since they stopped making them... I would love to own one:D

/ Local Tractor get together in Austria #10  
OK,..I'll do it,....I know others would like to and since in this case its tractor related: ...What a beautiful photo!!!! The one with the fantastic house with such gorgeous window flower boxes, grounds and lovely little girls!!!!

You should be proud of that one and "all" its attributes!! WOW !!!

Gemutleykeit !!! (sp)
. . tug

PS:....oh yes, the tractors are great tooo!! lol