hurtin' this morning...

/ hurtin' this morning... #1  

wasabi

Platinum Member
Tractor
PT2445 and PT1850
hurtin\' this morning...

I don't know quite why I feel compelled to share this here...perhaps 'cause I feel a sort of kinship with many of you, having spent more than a few hours per week on TBN over the last six months or so....

anywy, we lost a loyal friend/companion of five years...our pug Bonsai... last evening to a freak accident....

we drove our cars into our suburban driveway at the end of our day just as we have for many years....Bonsai ran out, curly tail a waggin', to great us, as he always does, rain or shine...but this time he ran right under the back tire of my wife's Land Cruiser as she parked...

Our Vet said he didn't really suffer as his spinal cord was crushed/severed and he basically felt nada. He barely whimpered...just laid there...seeming to wonder what all the fuss was about...after some examination, Vet said that heroic measures would be futile...and I agreed to have him put him down

anyway....it is very sad for us, especially my son (20) who was very close to the Bons.....

I guess I just wanted someone else to know

/ hurtin' this morning... #2  
Re: hurtin\' this morning...

Doug,

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I've been through that once when my mother's dog had to be put down. She couldn't do it, so she asked me to take care of it. I had grown up with that dog, and it was one of the hardest things I've ever done. I think that's one reason it took me so long to agree to get another dog. Now that we have Bailey, we love every day we have with her. But we know there will be a day in the future that we dread. All any of us can do is appreciate the time we have with these "bundles of unconditional love", and cherish their memories.

The hurt will get better, my friend. Remember that Bonsai will always be in your memories, and that while he was with you, he could not have been loved more.

/ hurtin' this morning... #3  

wasabi,

I am very sorry for your loss. My dad hit one of the cats when we were kids, he ran out of the garage as he pulled in. Just one of those things. I have two labs (6 years & 4 months) the "boys" are truly members of the family.

/ hurtin' this morning... #4  

My heart-felt condolences to you and your family. Unfortunately, I know what you're going through. Against the advice of our friends and family, we bought another one immediately. There was just too much of a void.

Paul

/ hurtin' this morning... #5  

Man, what a downer. So sorry to hear of the accident and loss of your little guy. After 16 years when I had to put my Samoyed down I swore I'd never get another furry critter, just fish...then all you gotta do is flush 'em. Well, that didn't last. Wish I had some clever words of wisdom and condolence for ya.

/ hurtin' this morning... #6  

Doug--

Anybody with outdoor pets worries about what happened to you folks. I'm sure your wife feels especially awful, even though it obviously wasn't her fault. Please accept my sympathy.

/ hurtin' this morning... #7  

Doug, I'm real sorry. I'm a dog person, too. I have three now. I've lost many furry pals, and it never gets easier!! Remember the good times, and go to the local shelter and give a homeless dog a home. He/she won't replace Bonsai, but will honor him, and give you something to focus on to take away the pain.

I feel for you!!! My sincere condolences!!!

/ hurtin' this morning... #8  

Doug, I'm so sorry! I hope your wife isn't carrying that guilt; it could have happened to any of us.

Pete and Tamara (Ragtag Retriever Rescue)
The Boys: Molson, Glenfiddich, Tetley, Nasdaq, Linus and Mouse.
And the Daughter Dog: Tuppence

/ hurtin' this morning... #9  

Doug,

I'm terribly sorry about losing your friend. This kind of thing happens and anything that takes our pet friends away is hurtful. Our dogs and cats are such wonderful companions. No doubt you and your wife were good "parents." Many are sending positive thoughts your way.

Bill

/ hurtin' this morning... #10  

Sorry for you loss Doug. I'm sure the wife feels absolutely devastated.

Count your blessings. I'm sure there are many. It's good therapy.