Not much longer.

/ Not much longer. #12  
Thomas, was that at your house? Its too early for that. Bring back the global warming please ! :rolleyes:

/ Not much longer. #13  
Ian, there's something about that beautiful red maple leaf in your signature that makes me want to take a trip up to the northeast. If I could have our Texas weather and your beautiful fall colors, I'd be in heaven. I guess I'll just have to accept being in "almost" heaven.;):D

John Denver already claimed 'almost Heaven' for West Virginia. You missed out :D

Dave.

/ Not much longer. #14  
Hi Dave, actually I have heard that, just don't like the snow idea right now! :p. And even though cold air has dessicating properties, it has rained here almost every day for the past month! :rolleyes: We haven't really had our Indian Summer yet. I'd love a couple of warm sunny days to take a last run in the convertible.

I'm hoping for some Indian Summer too. It has been one very odd weather year. I have some grass seed I should sow, but it's been so chilly it might sit there until next Spring before it germinates.

Good luck on the covertible ride.

Dave.

/ Not much longer.
"Thomas, was that at your house? Its too early for that. Bring back the global warming please !"

Yes Sir..front lawn,and I agree"Its too early"..Lets keep our figers cross old man winter doesn"t show up like he did last year..tree damage from ice storm than snowfall on top sure made things interesting for the holidays. :(

/ Not much longer. #16  
Ian, there's something about that beautiful red maple leaf in your signature that makes me want to take a trip up to the northeast. If I could have our Texas weather and your beautiful fall colors, I'd be in heaven. I guess I'll just have to accept being in "almost" heaven.;):D

Jim, just before sundown tonight this tree on the edge of my driveway almost jumped out at me! Now, overnight tonight we're getting frost! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• P1060037.jpg
    P1060037.jpg
    612.2 KB · Views: 55
   / Not much longer. #17  
Jinman -- how many leaves in "fall colours" would you like? I could probably get you a few boxcar loads if you want to pay the shipping and collection fee:eek: -- limited time offer -- soon to be covered in white stuff that does not ship well:rolleyes:

/ Not much longer. #18  
Jim, just before sundown tonight this tree on the edge of my driveway almost jumped out at me! Now, overnight tonight we're getting frost! :rolleyes:

Ian, sometimes we get lucky and have a blackjack oak that puts on a showy display of color (see 1st photo below), but most of the time our fall colors look more like the second picture. That tree in your photo looks like it's on fire. Very nice!

Studor, I don't know how to tell you this, but we have plenty of leaves to mow and mulch already. It's just that ours aren't nearly as pretty as yours just before they fall. . . and thank goodness that white stuff doesn't ship well.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Fall-01.JPG
    Fall-01.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 48
  • Fall-02.JPG
    Fall-02.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 49
   / Not much longer. #19  
Ian, sometimes we get lucky and have a blackjack oak that puts on a showy display of color (see 1st photo below),

Yes the oak trees in general are second only to the maple trees for putting on a show. Lots of oranges mostly, of every shade possible. :)