Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046

Default Not much longer.

Just not enough fell this morn to plow first snowfall this year ..wait for it..wait for it.
    Last edited by Thomas; 12-06-2010 at 04:51 PM.

Tractor
    New Holland TC40

Default Re: Not much longer.

Noooooooooooo

We had just enough to make the grass half white from 8am to 10am, then it all disappeared.
    Dave.
    "Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end ..."
    When there is a huge solar energy spill, it is called a "nice day"!

Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046

You being from cold snowy state I'm surprised Dave..."Noooooooooooo"

Tractor
    New Holland TC40

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    You being from cold snowy state I'm surprised Dave..."Noooooooooooo"
    I'm okay with winter. Maybe it's the sorry excuse we had for a summer this year.

Tractor
    Landini 4140 HST

Can you guys arrange to keep that south of the border for another month? My new lawn needs more time - - -
    Ian, now retired near Wallace Nova Scotia. 2008 Landini 4140H made by LS Tractors, FEL, toothbar, 6' box blade, bedder, middle buster, 5' Celli tiller, pallet forks, Pat's EC System, loaded tires, 2 rear remotes (standard on the Landini) . I bought my tractor from Cumberland Tractor, www.cumberlandtractor.blogspot.com . See the full story on building my hillside house in Nova Scotia at http://wallaceriver.blogspot.com/

Tractor
    New Holland TC40

Quote Originally Posted by NSBound View Post
    Can you guys arrange to keep that south of the border for another month? My new lawn needs more time - - -
    A couple inches of snow would be good for your new lawn, keeps it warm and out of the dessicating cold air. Don't know exactly when it happened, but the memory on my in/out thermometer stored a low of 18 deg. That just isn't right for mid-October.

Dave.

Tractor
    Landini 4140 HST

Quote Originally Posted by dave1949 View Post
    A couple inches of snow would be good for your new lawn, keeps it warm and out of the dessicating cold air.
    Hi Dave, actually I have heard that, just don't like the snow idea right now! . And even though cold air has dessicating properties, it has rained here almost every day for the past month! We haven't really had our Indian Summer yet. I'd love a couple of warm sunny days to take a last run in the convertible.
    Ian, now retired near Wallace Nova Scotia. 2008 Landini 4140H made by LS Tractors, FEL, toothbar, 6' box blade, bedder, middle buster, 5' Celli tiller, pallet forks, Pat's EC System, loaded tires, 2 rear remotes (standard on the Landini) . I bought my tractor from Cumberland Tractor, www.cumberlandtractor.blogspot.com . See the full story on building my hillside house in Nova Scotia at http://wallaceriver.blogspot.com/

Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Quote Originally Posted by NSBound View Post
    We haven't really had our Indian Summer yet. I'd love a couple of warm sunny days to take a last run in the convertible.
    Ian, there's something about that beautiful red maple leaf in your signature that makes me want to take a trip up to the northeast. If I could have our Texas weather and your beautiful fall colors, I'd be in heaven. I guess I'll just have to accept being in "almost" heaven.
    Jim

Tractor
    Landini 4140 HST

Quote Originally Posted by jinman View Post
    Ian, there's something about that beautiful red maple leaf in your signature that makes me want to take a trip up to the northeast. If I could have our Texas weather and your beautiful fall colors, I'd be in heaven. I guess I'll just have to accept being in "almost" heaven.
    Jim, this is indeed a beautiful time of the year! I think we're at the peak of color right now. That leaf was in my driveway asking to be photographed, so I put it on the hood of my car and I agree, it looks as good as a photo as it did in my yard!

Elite Member

yep, the leaves are all falling and the frosts are getting harder. Let it snow..... let it snow.... let it snooooooooooowwwwwwwww.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast