Breaking in work boots

/ Breaking in work boots #21  
Believe it or not, try it and then belive it ... slip them on in the morning, stand in the creek, pond or any water supply until your feet are soaked ... wear them the rest of the day and BANG they are broke in!!

This is an old tried and true cowboy trick,works like a charm:)Dave

/ Breaking in work boots #22  
I wear a 14 4E in most brands, can't wear steel toed, just enough "hammer toe" that they wear the skin off the tops of my toes! I used to wear Red Wings years ago, can't get them big enough anymore, went to Masons until their quality went to pot! Tried Wolverine, but their sizes were inconsistent, now I wear 14 2E, Carolina 6" work shoes, they give me more toe room.

By the way, I can't go into a store to buy, for me, it's order only! ~~ grnspot110

/ Breaking in work boots #23  
I don't know if you have this brand where you live but I got Terra boots last time. Fit awesome from day 1, I can hike for miles or work in them all day. I do wear good socks and put in a good quality cushion thingee too I will add. They are not cheap, about $160 but they have held up great.

I also use Fluid Film to treat all my leather boots. Works great.

/ Breaking in work boots #24  
This is an old tried and true cowboy trick,works like a charm:)Dave

ya know I remember back in boot camp we took showers in our leather boots...
The hot water made them form fit better...

The creek piece also works!

J

/ Breaking in work boots #25  
I don't know how many boots I bought that felt comfortable when I tried them, and then after buying them felt crippling. When you find a brand and size that works, stick with it. If you are like me and try to buy American as much as possible, you will find the boot quest a living nightmare. Even RedWing now is a nmix of domestic and foreign. I guess all the cobblers are long dead and gone. You can still get cowboy boots hand made though.

/ Breaking in work boots #26  
I wear a 14 4E in most brands, can't wear steel toed, just enough "hammer toe" that they wear the skin off the tops of my toes! I used to wear Red Wings years ago, can't get them big enough anymore, went to Masons until their quality went to pot! Tried Wolverine, but their sizes were inconsistent, now I wear 14 2E, Carolina 6" work shoes, they give me more toe room.

By the way, I can't go into a store to buy, for me, it's order only! ~~ grnspot110

I have the same problem with my size 18 feet.

/ Breaking in work boots #30  
I just WEAR 'em
(-:

If they're comfortable (enough) in the store they will be OK for the day - once I get distracted with what I plan to do.