21AA stone wt./c.y.

/ 21AA stone wt./c.y. #1  

Worksmart

Silver Member
Tractor
L6060, BX22, 1953 Farmall Super A, 1949 Farmall Cub, 1964 International Cub, 1966 International Cub, 1976 International Cub
Would someone please tell me what the weight of one cubic yard of 21AA stone is??? Need to convert from c.y. to tons. Thanks in advance. C

/ 21AA stone wt./c.y. #2  
I think <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.edwclevy.com/materialguides/BaseMarket/21AALimestone.htm>this</A> has what you want.

-david

/ 21AA stone wt./c.y. #3  
How precise do you need to be? Rule of thumb - loose as dumped, approx. 1.5 tons/cu yd. If compacted approx. 1.8 tons/cu.yd.

/ 21AA stone wt./c.y. #4  
-david,

What a great site! I've bookmarked it. Thanks!

/ 21AA stone wt./c.y. #5  
Thank Google! I didn't even know what 21AA stone was before Worksmart asked the question - now I do...

-david

/ 21AA stone wt./c.y.
Great site.....thanks David. C

/ 21AA stone wt./c.y.
Howard - Here's my story problem......1178c.y. of 21AA stone removed from roadbed. I was quoted $21/ton for "undercutting" in roadway. My contractor used 1178 X 1.85 X $21 = $$$$$$$$. Your number of 1.8 seems to proof what my contractor is using to calculate his billing amount. The nice thing about this is I get to put my markup on this number to pass onto someone else/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif.

The light bulb went off after I asked my question.....there's also labor, equipment cost and markup in the number so I can't just use the weight of the material as the conversion factor. Duh/w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif. I guess 1.8-1.85 etc. is the "rule of thumb." Thanks C