Made in the USA

/ Made in the USA #1  

MotorSeven

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40SE Hydro
I would like to start a thread of current quality Made in the USA products. Levi's,Carhartt, Dewalt, Milwalkee, all of our tractors, etcetcetc... are now gone. There are a handfull of good prducts made here and I would like to support them. Feel free to add to the list, but keep it to current production products.

These are the USA tools I own and are very pleased with their performance:

Logrite peavy hook- LogRite<SUP>?</SUP> Tools logging tools

ITP ATV tires- http://www.itptires.com/pdfs/ITP_Made_USA.pdf ( I have two sets, they grip and wear great)

Maadsam Power-Pull come along- www.maasdam.com (sold at H.D.)

Miller High Life Beer(Very very pleased.........;>)

RD

Last edited:
   / Made in the USA #2  
yes but most of the steel is from china.

/ Made in the USA #3  
I read a review recently of a high-end Milwaukee worm drive circular saw- made in China :(

Roundhouse and Pointer both still make overalls in the US.

/ Made in the USA #4  
Snap-On Tools - for the most part.

/ Made in the USA #5  
i bought a turnbuckel from tsc today made in us, with globle matireals.

/ Made in the USA #6  
Leatherman tools. Except for the bits.

/ Made in the USA #7  
This is going to be quite difficult to list things as made in America. Do you mean companies that are owned by Americans that produce things only in America? Or do you just mean anything made here such as the Honda Accord?

You list Miller High Life Beer but it is owned by Miller Coors which is a venture by SABMiller and MolsonCoors. SAB was originally a South African company that bought Miller and Molson, a Canadian company bought Coors, and they got together to form MillerCoors which now makes Miller Beer though most of the owners are not Americans.

So many items that are made here are made with imported materials and sometimes imported labor under foreign ownership that it is really hard to tell what qualifies as being made in America.

I was made in America by Americans but I'm not sure of anything else.;)

/ Made in the USA #8  
Red Wing still makes several styles of boots in the U.S.A. I was very disappointed that they started making some of the higher end boots in China but so far the styles I wear are made here.

I bought two pair of Vice Grips from Lowe's a few weeks ago. They had two displays (side by side) of the same model plier but one was about a dollar more. The more expensive pair were made in the US while the cheaper pair was made in China. I bought the ones made in the US. At least they gave a choice of where you wanted to buy.

/ Made in the USA #9  
I work for a British owned aerospace company that makes products using American made raw materials with equipment mostly made in India, Japan, Korea, and even a couple of US made machines. Our customers are from many countries including the US.

/ Made in the USA #10  
The best work boots I've ever owned are made right here in USA, and my state of New Hampshire to boot. Timberland Co.

Yeah, they're $20-$40 more then the "other" boots next to them but they last longer, stay drier and are more comfortable.

Also, here is a good site that list American made products.