I built my daughter a toy box for christmas (pics)

/ I built my daughter a toy box for christmas (pics) #1  

carpenter383

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40SE
Here are a few pics of a toy box I built my 10 month old daugter for Christmas. It's basically just a 3/4" birch plywood box trimmed with pouplar.
It's dimensions are 3' x 18"x 20". I had about 120 bucks in materials to build it. I probably could have bought one from walmart for less than that but this way when Adrianna gets older she can say "my daddy built this toy box for me when I was just a baby" :)

adrianna's toy box 002.jpg

adrianna's toy box 005.jpg

adrianna's toy box 008.jpg

adrianna's toy box 007.jpg

adrianna's toy box 001.jpg

/ I built my daughter a toy box for christmas (pics) #2  
That's a fine looking toy box that she ought to be able to pass on down to her children.

You need to get the date set on your camera so things don't get confusing when you look at those photos years from now.

/ I built my daughter a toy box for christmas (pics) #3  
That looks awesome. She will enjoy for a long time.

/ I built my daughter a toy box for christmas (pics)
That's a fine looking toy box that she ought to be able to pass on down to her children.

You need to get the date set on your camera so things don't get confusing when you look at those photos years from now.

Thanks guys,
You're right I need to set the date before pics. The camera uses batteries fast and every time I change them the date get's reset.
You gave me an idea though, I should carve her name and the date into the toy box;)

/ I built my daughter a toy box for christmas (pics) #5  
Going to be alot of great memories to store..very nice work.

Very nice job and beautiful daughter. Enjoy her she'll be 20 before you know it.

Jay

Thanks
Shes growing so fast! She'll be driving the tractor in a couple yrs:p

/ I built my daughter a toy box for christmas (pics) #8  
Looks very nice. You know what you're doing!!!

Eddie

/ I built my daughter a toy box for christmas (pics) #9  
I have a custom cabinet shop I have owned & operated for the last 35 years & that is a very fine chest you have built for your daughter. As my kids were growing up I built them several pieces of furniture & get great pleasure knowing they still have them as you will too.

When the economy turns...come see me I'll give you a job.

Great job on the chest & you have a beautiful daughter!

Thanks guys, and thanks for the offer jbunkley :) I wonder how early in the morning I'd have to leave central Indiana to be in florida on time for work? LOL