Can't Be The Only Mac Guy

/ Can't Be The Only Mac Guy #1  

bp fick

Tractor
John Deere X390
First, no interest in mac/pc wars. None. Silly as fighting over tractor colors.

That said, Windows topics (viruses, malware, Vista, 7, etc) come up from time to time and it got me to wondering. Surely, I'm not the only Mac guy on TBN?

/ Can't Be The Only Mac Guy #2  
I don't have mac and I don't have any friends that have it. My son does use mac, but you know you can't choose your children. ;)

/ Can't Be The Only Mac Guy #3  
I'm not a Mac or Windows guy. I'm an open source linux guy since the mid 1990's :)

/ Can't Be The Only Mac Guy #5  
Traveling with my MacBookPro--son's shuffle in one port and wife's iPod in the other!

/ Can't Be The Only Mac Guy #6  
iMac 27" Quad Core and 15" MacBook Pro

/ Can't Be The Only Mac Guy #8  
Been a "Mac" guy since '85, a NeXT guy since '92, and a FreeBSD guy since 1.0. And STOPPED using Linux at kernel version 0.96. :)

/ Can't Be The Only Mac Guy #9  
We have 6 of them at home and in our photography studio. At my daytime job, I support over 200 Windows machines, but would rather use my computer at home, rather than "work" on it. :D

Derek

/ Can't Be The Only Mac Guy #10  
My first mac was circa 1978 and considered a toy and was considered a toy almost till the 90's when people started taking Apple serious.

I remember when I had the Apple and a laser printer ( that cost 5K back in the 80's ) and I ran my business with that pair. Back then it was only me nd the wide in our business but my proposals went out looking like the largest companies on the planet. Once I lost a big on a job because the client said she wanted to go with a SMALLER company. The wife and I laughed for years on that one. How much smaller can you get when it was only the two of us. It was worth losing the job to confirm my proposals looked like a million bucks.

Today I have a well built Mac and at any one time I'm switching from graphics design, to word proposals, CAD drawings in 3D, photo shopping and sending out photo's etc. etc.

The money I have saved alone is worth teh price I spend on my Mac.

I can work like four people on a Mac, but on a PC I'm a complete Moron and am lucky to get a letter written.

Link

Last edited by a moderator: