FILLMORE, NEW YORK - ANYONE KNOW IT?

/ FILLMORE, NEW YORK - ANYONE KNOW IT? #1  

TBone

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L-2501 HST
Rick's post prompted me to start this one. (Sorry Rick, I can't help you with Ashville, Indiana)

Back in the late 60's I lived and worked in this small town in Western NY. It's southwest of Rochester and southeast of Buffalo down toward the Pennsylvania border. Every time I see a post from NY state I look up the bio and try to determine if they are from this area and so far I haven't seen anyone.

Although it's been more than 30 years, I still remember much about the town and the great family I lived with - Mr. and Mrs. Grady Armison.

The town of Fillmore had some of the finest people I've ever met anywhere and they really made this ole Mississippi country boy feel like part of their family. I'll never forget them as long as I live.

If any of you folks are familiar with the area I would love to hear from you.

/ FILLMORE, NEW YORK - ANYONE KNOW IT? #2  
It is not too far from me but to tell you the truth, I don't think I have ever been there. Take care.

/ FILLMORE, NEW YORK - ANYONE KNOW IT? #3  
Tbone,

I live in Geneseo and yes I have been in Fillmore more than a few times. This part of New York is full of the these great little towns. The people are friendly, helpful, hard working and honest.

We just finished building a new home and the contractors all came from the small towns around us. I have never enjoyed a project more and the reason was just plain good help. They were there when scheduled and did their work as promised. The fellow that put the 800 foot driveway in asked me if I needed anything else done before he left. He told me I still had time on the meter to use up. This same man sent me a bill $1000 less than contract because he did not use as much stone as he had estimated.

Our new home is part of an old large farm and is surrounded by the descendants of that family. We bought 23 acres of old orchard, ravines and woods. When Jane, my wife, and I were working clearing the area for our home, one of our new neighbors would always bring us something cold to drink. When our new tractor was delayed, a big old farm tractor and an eight foot bush hog showed up from the farm to cut the weeds down in the orchard. I do not hunt any more but let the neighbors hunt my land. I have enjoyed the best venison the last two years without lifting a gun.

I guess what I am saying is that this city boy has found the area you remember and it really has not changed much.

/ FILLMORE, NEW YORK - ANYONE KNOW IT?
Tim,

I remember Geneseo too. It was a bigger town than Fillmore and I never spent any time there but I remember going a time or two. Your description of this part of NY is exactly as I remembered. Friendly, helpful, hard working and honest people. They truly treated me as if they had known me all of my life.

You are fortunate to live in a place like that. You hear a lot about southern hospitality - well southerners ain't got nothing (sorry about the redneck grammar) on these folks. I'm happy to hear it hasn't changed much.

TBone