Another blizzard coming?

/ Another blizzard coming? #2  
I'm hoping I can get out of my development tomorrow and get some tire chains for my kubota before that one hits. Had to shovel thigh high snow off our 250' driveway today. The tractor just slid around on it and I managed to get it stuck twice this weekend. Sure would like to use the tractor this storm coming up, but won't be able to unless I can get out to get chains. And that's only as long as someplace has them in stock.

/ Another blizzard coming? #3  
I'm hoping I can get out of my development tomorrow and get some tire chains for my kubota before that one hits. Had to shovel thigh high snow off our 250' driveway today. The tractor just slid around on it and I managed to get it stuck twice this weekend. Sure would like to use the tractor this storm coming up, but won't be able to unless I can get out to get chains. And that's only as long as someplace has them in stock.

Good grief..i hope not. No where else to put the snow!!!

/ Another blizzard coming? #4  

If you can't get some chains, can you find some sand? I assume your drive is getting packed-snow icy. A shovel full of sand here and there will work wonders.

Try to always work from a place that is as bare to pavement as you can get it. BC (before chains :)) everytime I went charging down the driveway, I ended up regretting it. Always had better luck clearing completely as I went along. In deep snow, you can see that snow rolls off the sides of your bucket and falls back into the tire tracks. Try not to let that happen.

Good luck
Dave.

/ Another blizzard coming? #5  
Weather folks have been wrong before, but they seem pretty certain the greater Delaware Valley area is going to get a foot on Wednesday as two lows join. Perfect storm?

/ Another blizzard coming? #6  
Weather folks have been wrong before, but they seem pretty certain the greater Delaware Valley area is going to get a foot on Wednesday as two lows join. Perfect storm?

It's been a strange winter. We had 2" of rain two weeks ago and nothing but sunshine since. Our snow pack is down to about 1 foot now. Bone dry air and staying below 25* for the high.
Dave.

/ Another blizzard coming?
It's been a strange winter. We had 2" of rain two weeks ago and nothing but sunshine since. Our snow pack is down to about 1 foot now. Bone dry air and staying below 25* for the high.
Dave.

Up here it snowed lightly all day yesterday and overnight - maybe 6" total. I'll get out and move it off the driveway sometime soon. :)

/ Another blizzard coming? #8  
If you can't get some chains, can you find some sand? I assume your drive is getting packed-snow icy. A shovel full of sand here and there will work wonders.

Try to always work from a place that is as bare to pavement as you can get it. BC (before chains :)) everytime I went charging down the driveway, I ended up regretting it. Always had better luck clearing completely as I went along. In deep snow, you can see that snow rolls off the sides of your bucket and falls back into the tire tracks. Try not to let that happen.

Good luck
Dave.

My problem is, after getting to the ground, it's frozen, and slicker than greased owl poo on a tin roof. Oh, and unfortunately, no sand. I've decided on cutting up an extra pair of chains I have for the truck. I've just gotta go get a jack to pull off the tires(too lazy to take off the rear blade and put on the BH:D.

/ Another blizzard coming? #9  
My problem is, after getting to the ground, it's frozen, and slicker than greased owl poo on a tin roof. Oh, and unfortunately, no sand. I've decided on cutting up an extra pair of chains I have for the truck. I've just gotta go get a jack to pull off the tires(too lazy to take off the rear blade and put on the BH:D.

Hi Matt,

Well, it's been a good year to figure what all you need for the tractor when it comes to snow. :D Chains are definitely the thing to have. It's got to be a bit frustrating, I know. Soon as you get some, it won't snow like this for five years.
Dave.

/ Another blizzard coming? #10  
This is all we have left on the ground.

Attachments

• 2-08-10 003.JPG
    2-08-10 003.JPG
    487.1 KB · Views: 102
  • 2-08-10 001.JPG
    2-08-10 001.JPG
    483.6 KB · Views: 100