what opens a .dwg file ?

/ what opens a .dwg file ? #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
Got some site plans sent to me today in .dwg format...

I've got no clue as to what program I can use to open or view them.. anybody else?

soundguy

/ what opens a .dwg file ? #2  
You can Google .dwg and there are many examples of viewers that pop up. Infograph has a free viewer that I heard was pretty good have not tried it myself.

/ what opens a .dwg file ? #5  
Autocad or some similar program will but they're spendy.

I had the same situation a while back and did as blizzard suggested - found a freeware program. Used it long enough to convert the file to Visio- compatible format then uninstalled it. Don't remember its name.

/ what opens a .dwg file ?
I figured it would be autocad.. just had no way to verify..

thanks

soundguy

/ what opens a .dwg file ? #7  
Irfanview (a free program) will open just about any graphic file there is. Don't forget to download and install the plug-ins.

Download IrfanView

Of course, you wont be able to manipulate the file, but you can print it.

/ what opens a .dwg file ? #8  
If you'd like to send it to me I'd be happy to open it and convert it to .pdf for you. I can PM you my email if you'd like.

/ what opens a .dwg file ? #9  
Microstation's Bentley View is a free download that will open microstation and autocad files for viewing, and you can print as pdf's. I couldn't get Irfanview to open one, but maybe I don't have a plugin

Last edited: