Daytona 500

/ Daytona 500
What do you think about Danica ??? hmmmm :rolleyes:

She's very cute, that I can say. Jeffy Jeff and Jimmy Johnson aren't the pretties girls in Nascar any more! :D

I hope she does well as we need some new excitement. She was really struggling in yesterdays race though.

/ Daytona 500 #12  
Watch it every weekend!!! Chevy fan here.. Don't like the "Toy's".. Jr. is the driver I like the most,,Just wish he would get ride of the crew cheef..but blood runs deep..:confused:

What do you think about Danica ??? hmmmm :rolleyes:

Jr. dropped his cousin as his crew chief mid-point last year.

She's very cute, that I can say. Jeffy Jeff and Jimmy Johnson aren't the pretties girls in Nascar any more!

I hope she does well as we need some new excitement. She was really struggling in yesterdays race though.

Danica Patrick is not racing in the Daytona 500. She raced in the ARCA Race and the Nationwide race.

/ Daytona 500 #13  
I like the Road Races best, perhaps it's because I raced Sports Cars for so many years, and my favorite track was and is Watkins Glen.

Back in the late '70s, I was in the US Navy, stationed at Vallejo, CA. I used to love going to IMSA and SCCA races at Sears Point and Laguna Seca. To raise interest, they started bringing in some NASCAR cars to run at a few races and it was hilarious to watch them trying to negotiate a road course. What I liked most about IMSA was that they had multiple classes of cars all running at the same time on the track: GTUs, GTs, GTXs, ect..

/ Daytona 500
Danica Patrick is not racing in the Daytona 500. She raced in the ARCA Race and the Nationwide race.

Yeah, I know, but I still think it's funny....!

/ Daytona 500 #15  
it was hilarious to watch them trying to negotiate a road course

Jim, did you ever go to the Green Valley Raceway? I couldn't even remember where it was since it's been about 46 or 47 years since I went to watch the races there, but I just found a website for the Green Valley Raceway. I remember watching a race that included a Chevrolet Corvette, a Porsche, and a Masserati. The Corvette was much, much faster on the straight-a-way but the others would pass him on the turns, and the Masserati won.

/ Daytona 500 #16  
Another guy showed his receipt, about the same amount, they made a big deal and gave him a NICE DeWalt cordless system--with drill, saw, sawsall, etc. My mouth was watering.

The guy asked if anyone else had made a purchase. Proudly, I gave him my over $2500 receipt, he made a BIG deal out of it. He pointed me to a corner of the make-do stage to show me my appreciation prize. I was now the proud owner of two Tony Stewart fold out chairs, two TS travel mugs, one TS racing shirt, and four TS car flags. Now if there were 25 people under that tent we could have taken a poll and I guarantee I would have been the least Nascar fan there. I took my prize, tucked my tail, and went home.

The chairs have come in handy at the beach, the mugs are great on the Kioti tractor, the shirt is great orange for deer hunting, but I am yet to use those four flags. Everytime I see them in my storage area under the house, I think how nice that DeWalt took kit was. And then, my man TS changed teams.

That's too funny, that would be my luck too. I'd get gew gaws and someone else gets whatever is actually worth having. :p
Dave.

/ Daytona 500 #17  
I began to think the Daytona 500 wasn't going to finish today.:D It was an unusual race, and I suppose a surprising end, although I haven't kept up at all with who's who in the racing business.

How many watched the beginning and heard Harry Connick, Jr. sing our National Anthem? Maybe it's just me. I know our National Anthem is very difficult to sing as it was written since almost no one has a voice with the necessary range. But it seems that almost every sports event that has some current popular singer to sing it, has their own "arrangement" and just butcher the song. I don't really know much about Harry Connick, Jr., but in my opinion, he did the best job of singing the National Anthem that I've heard in years.

/ Daytona 500 #18  
Watch out for the "Toys". They floor it all by themselves. Now the brake problem might be a different story.....

/ Daytona 500 #19  
The nap I took at "half time" made the race even more enjoyable...
At least the fans got a green flag finish...

Usually in restrictor plate races it is lapped cars that cause a lot of the late lap yellow flags that stops the momentum of the leaders...today most of the cars were still on the lead lap...the new 3 time green-checker rule worked good...the fans got 505 miles of racing...

/ Daytona 500 #20  
6+ hours was a little much, that track repair was interesting.

I thought they said the track hasn't been paved since 1978, could that be possible, for the kind of traffic and abuse it gets?

JB.