Anyone Watching The Olympics?

/ Anyone Watching The Olympics?
Yup, that Johny Weir is off an the charts "free spirit" if that's the new PC term for it :) But he seems happy so I can tolerate him.

I don't normally look forward to figure skating, but last night I did want to see the showdown between Plushenko and Lysacek, don't know anything about the others.

Plushenko wasn't very sportsmen like after not winning Gold and had a few snipes at Lysacek when being interviewed later. I don't think he even looked at him during the medal ceremony.

JB.

/ Anyone Watching The Olympics? #22  
I agree Jim about the pro aspect of hockey in the Olympics. personally I like the flow of women's hockey better. Slovakia Switzerland was a pretty good game.
I'm also not worried about hurting a pro-athlete's feeling. My embarrassment is because the Olympics are a global stage and a showcase of sport and also culture for all involved. I'll be looking for cheering fans to rule the day.

/ Anyone Watching The Olympics? #23  
When Kathy saw Johnny Weir in his pink lace-up outfit for the short program, her response was, "You gotta be kidding!" Last night when he was waiting for his score with his rose garland around his head and a bouquet of roses in his hand, she just said, "This is so embarrassing!" He's an excellent skater, but his mannerisms and dress really throw me for a loop. From the many restrained comments about him by the commentators, you have to believe that he is pretty outrageous all the time. "Free spirit" is the term that I hear most.:rolleyes:

I liked the Japanese skaters last night. I felt sorry for Oda when he fell and his shoelace broke. Oda and Takahashi had two of the most entertaining programs. They were really fun to watch.

Well I wasn't naming any names, but this is where I had a problem. I'm sure the guy is very athletic and could kick my behind, but geeze his costume and his mannerisms are very embarrassing. There were others too, but this guy is an American. No question he was wearing a costume designed for a young lady.

The Russian wasn't a very good loser, not at all. He didn't pitch a real big fit, but he commented that the olympic champion should be able to do a quad, and that they just gave it to the American because he didn't have any medals and the Russian had plenty.

/ Anyone Watching The Olympics? #24  
The Russian wasn't a very good loser, not at all. He didn't pitch a real big fit, but he commented that the olympic champion should be able to do a quad, and that they just gave it to the American because he didn't have any medals and the Russian had plenty.

I think Red Buttons had the best evaluation of Plushenko. He said he had incredible athletic skill, but he lacked footwork. Just like the judges awarded the half-pipe snowboarders more points for height, the height alone would not win nor would twists and tricks. It's the whole package. Plushenko should not badmouth another performer. Lysacek had the winning performance for the complete package. In my opinion, the Japanese skaters had the best footwork. I don't hear them complaining. The fact is that Plushenko never thought he would not win. It's a bitter pill for him to swallow and the gent is not handling it very well.

/ Anyone Watching The Olympics? #25  
The Swedish skier just ran away with the 18 mile race. He took the lead about halfway and kept it, don't see that work very often. Of course the announcer said he couldn't do it for the last 5 minutes of the race. :D

52* with full sunshine has to be a bit warm for that kind of exercise.

Dave.

/ Anyone Watching The Olympics? #26  
The Swedish skier just ran away with the 18 mile race. He took the lead about halfway and kept it, don't see that work very often. Of course the announcer said he couldn't do it for the last 5 minutes of the race. :D

52* with full sunshine has to be a bit warm for that kind of exercise.

Dave.

I think you better go back and check that. The 1st Swedish skier had the lead for most of the race while the 2nd Swedish skier held back the pack... UNTIL THE LAST KILOMETER, when the 2nd Swedish skier led the pack to catch up to the fist Swedish skier and passed him and took the gold! The guy that held the lead for most of the race finished 3rd. ;)

/ Anyone Watching The Olympics? #27  
Good Evenin JB,
You gotta love OhNo ! ;) Love the short track speed skating ! :)

/ Anyone Watching The Olympics? #28  
Nobody has mentioned the curling yet:rolleyes::D

/ Anyone Watching The Olympics? #29  
Good Evenin JB,
You gotta love OhNo ! ;) Love the short track speed skating ! :)

What a recovery he made last night to still get bronze! And still two more competitions to go. I wonder if he'll get to 9 medals?