World's finest festival food.

/ World's finest festival food. #1  

tallyho8

Elite Member
Who Dat Nation west of Westwego east of Ama south
Tractor
Kubota L4400, Kubota ZD326
Though I am glad I do not live in New Orleans, I can't wait until April to go to the French Quarter Festival and sample the food while listening to the musicians.

While festivals across the country typically have hot dogs and cotton candy, the French Quarter Festival has over 100 food booths from some of the finest restaurants in the area with every kind of south Louisiana treat imaginable.

This is truly a great festival because admission is free and there are many different outdoor venues across the French Quarter with food and drinks available everywhere.

WARNING: DO NOT READ THE MENUS IF YOU ARE ON A DIET!
http://www.fqfi.org/frenchquarterfest/fqfi_food.php

/ World's finest festival food. #2  
Looks pretty tasty! Now I'm getting hungry. :)
Dave.

/ World's finest festival food. #4  
I've never been there for that festival, but that looks like it might be kind of frustrating deciding which foods to try since I know I couldn't eat all of them.:D I do like the Cajun cookin'.

/ World's finest festival food. #5  
Dudley, I think several cities have something similar called "A Taste of ...."
Here is a link to A Taste of Dallas in the West End. Certainly New Orleans and the French Quarter is a perfect backdrop for a similar event. That menu of food would send me home with a big case of indigestion and a smile on my face to match.:)

/ World's finest festival food. #6  
A week ago yesterday; i.e., the 16th, I stopped by the Lake Dallas City Hall (for those who don't know, that's a little town here with an estimated population just over 7,000). I went there to vote in the early voting and found they were having a "Mardi Gras". The city hall parking lot had a sound stage set up, and a number of food booths, funnel cakes, hot dogs, barbecue, and the biggest one had just started boiling the shrimp and crawfish. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to participate.:mad: