Printer Ink

/ Printer Ink
It sounds like you have not considered a laser printer. You can buy one for
under $100, and your cost/page is very low. I refill my own cartridges, but
rarely need to as I do not print often. I have had HP and Samsung.

You also did not mention color or B&W. If you must have color and there
are no photos, consider a color laser printer....they can be bought for
under $250 and cost/page is still less than inkjet. (They do not do photos
well, however.)

I have in offices close to me 3 lazer printers; HPCP 1215 and CM1015; both color. I have one hp lazer 1300 black only. This one is old and works well. If ink is low we can shake the toner cartridge and it prints more. The newer printers just shut down even if just one color is down. One of the color ones will let you print in black only if you change the preferences in printer. It's just this feeling of being ripped off every time I turn around. The worst part is they don't even rip you with a smile because we don't deal with people anymore. Sometime I wish for the good old days of dot matrix printing. In fact I have a few Epson dot matrix printers stored somewhere. I wonder if they will easily work on new computers. Those ribbons printed one color invoices cheaply. At least, that's the way I remember it.

Cheers....Coffeeman

/ Printer Ink
I print hundreds of pages monthly on my Epson printer. Epson ink cartridges at the stores sell for about $25 each. I buy generic ink cartridges on ebay for about $1 each and never have a problem.

My printing cost is about $1 a month. :)

Are you refering to a dot matrix or a newer printer? The generic ink cartridges are what makes me think it not an impact printer. Do you have some suggestions on model numbers. I suspect many of us here (not me) could make a printer that would have cheap ink. However, if we did and it took off the big guys would crush us like a bug.

Cheers...Coffeeman

/ Printer Ink #13  
Might be interested in something like Continuous ink system,Finger Pulse Oximeter,Fetal Doppler Several brand of printers will accept this system. I use an Epson inkjet and have found that the compatible refilled cartridges are reasonable and have not had a problem with them in my printer. The continuous ink system is still cheaper to use than the refilled cartridges when printing lots of color pages.

/ Printer Ink #14  
Are you refering to a dot matrix or a newer printer? The generic ink cartridges are what makes me think it not an impact printer. Do you have some suggestions on model numbers. I suspect many of us here (not me) could make a printer that would have cheap ink. However, if we did and it took off the big guys would crush us like a bug.

Cheers...Coffeeman

I have 2 color inkjet printers. An Epson 400 and an Epson 880. They both work great on cheap generic cartridges and print good photos. The 400 is older and slower but has great paper handling abilities so I still use it some with envelopes and card stock.

Since Epson comes out with many new models every year, these aren't sold new anymore but you could find a good used one on ebay or you can see which cheap ink cartridges are for sale on ebay and buy a new printer that uses them.

The printer manufacturers have been trying to stop the use of generic ink but have not been able to do so yet.

/ Printer Ink #15  
We have had 2 HP color lasers. First one was a 2605 DN. It did a good job on printing, only thing I didn't like about it was the straight paper path only held one piece of paper at a time. Once we moved into the new house, we bought another HP color laser. It is also a DN model, but I can't remember the model right now, but I know we upgraded so its straight path feeder held more paper. It has been a great machine. I think we paid around $500 for it. We have had it about 18 months. So far the toner cartridges are only down maybe 30%. The kids print a lot of color pictures. I know my daughter had a sleepover this past Sunday. Those kids must have printed 150 pages of pictures.

I just looked at our current color laser, it is an HP Color LaserJet 3600 DN.

Last edited:
   / Printer Ink #16  
I have two Brother printers...both LASER. One is B&W, the other color.
But if I have a big printing job, I send to work to Print-O-Stat. It's cheaper...

/ Printer Ink #17  
You may want to up the monthly quantity to 1000 and have it printed by one of the on-line offset printers. I use one in Brampton (near Toronto) and they will print 1000 8-1/2 x 11 full color flyers shipped to my door for under $50.00. The quality is much higher than any inkjet printer.

/ Printer Ink #18  
Luremaker,

Can you email me the info for the printer you use. Even if shipping is a hundred bucks - no one can match that price locally. I can save clients lots of money...

Thanks.

Lloyd