Help, Wife overdosing me with Zuchinni everything

/ Help, Wife overdosing me with Zuchinni everything #21  
Simple solution here- Just convince the wife zuchini is effecting your health negatively.
How do I do this you ask, sneak to the store and get yourself a small bottle of green food coloring. It's completely tasteless, so you simply mix a drop or 2 into a drink of water, and after doing this 3 or 4 times, you will pee green. Make certain you hide the food coloring. Leaving it in the garage is a good idea.
First time you pee green, pretend to be frightened and call the wife to come look at this quick. Tell her it has been getting darker for a few days, but now it's really green. If she forces you to go to the doctor, tell the doc what you did, he'll appreciate the idea. Remind the wife you only started peeing green since the big Z fest, and tell her you think you ought to quit eating zuchini to see if it clears up.
Wimmen are all scared of loosing the guy who does the heavy work, so she will do a mental equasion and decide to let you off the Zfood.

/ Help, Wife overdosing me with Zuchinni everything #22  
Well, it won't burn good in the stove - that's for sure.

We don't plant zukes no more - we plant yellow Summer squash. If you slice them, dip them in egg (or egg whites), and roll in bread crumbs or crushed rice crispies, and bake them on a cookie pan with cooking sray on top, they are really good. They have a much better flavor. We also just steam them, but that would tick off Wingnuts, so we'd better not talk about that.

The best recipe for zukes I ever heard is this: Get the biggest, woodiest ones you can find, halve lengthwies, and scoop out the seeds. Fill with spagetti sauce & hamburg (sloppy Joe, sorta). Bake until heated through, then cover with cheese and broil a few more minutes. When done, scoop out cheese, sauce, and hamburg, discard zuchinni, and enjoy.

/ Help, Wife overdosing me with Zuchinni everything #23  
Mark,

steaming them is fine .... serving to me does tend to steam me up. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

oh joy ... just heard my motorhome is ready ... so tomorrow morning at 8 or 9AM, I get to climb on the OrangeWing and do a 700+ mile (12 hours) ride to Montreal. Yeeeehaw.
So no sarcasm from the Wingnut for at least 2 days .... can I hear an "awwwww" /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Help, Wife overdosing me with Zuchinni everything #24  
Congrats - the "union" thread oughta be up to 9,000 posts by then. We'll see if we can hold the fort until you return.

Do you think zukes would work as crash protection around the 'wing? You could duct tape them in front, on the sides, etc...........don't forget on the helmet. Take some pix, too.

/w3tcompact/icons/clever.gif/w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

/ Help, Wife overdosing me with Zuchinni everything #25  
Union??? Oh, I thought that was ONION /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif LOL

I find the best crash protection is the throttle .... but if you know of a source for orange zukes and orange duct tape .....
/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Help, Wife overdosing me with Zuchinni everything #26  
I'm just coming a off of a 7 day zuch fest. You want some more ideas?

Grilled: brush with a mixture of chopped mint and olive oil (the mint really goes well with it for some reason). Or, drizzle with a bit of worcestershire sauce - for a moment you think you're eating a steak.

My favourite way: cut into 4" x .5" pieces, coat in a 50/50 mixture of corn starch and flour, dunk into a beaten egg and water mixture, and then in to some seasoned bread crumbs. Deep fry until golden. Weirdest thing - tartar sauce is what seems to go best with these.

/ Help, Wife overdosing me with Zuchinni everything #27  
Hmm, I just finished supper; big thick grilled pork chop with sauted oinions and red and green bell peppers, and fried zucchini. My wife mixes equal amounts of flour and corn meal, dips the slices of zucchini into a beaten egg with a little salt and pepper in it, then into the flour/corn meal and fries them in olive oil. Pretty tasty. Personally, I can eat most anything, but don't care much for zucchini bread. However, I do like the fried zucchini, or fried yellow squash, and especially like equal amounts of yellow squash and zucchini steamed with a little butter and salt and pepper added.

/ Help, Wife overdosing me with Zuchinni everything #28  
Oh, man.....where's the dang drool icon! /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

/ Help, Wife overdosing me with Zuchinni everything
Well, last night she cut up the "barney" (hope you saw the pic earlier in the post because it's food now) egg plant. Dinner was the garden.

Should't complain....

Corn on the Cob.. (too much for one setting) fried egg plant, fried Zukes and fried green tomato's Sliced ripe tomato and melon..

Summer food...... It realy don't get much better.......

Abundance of Zukes still sucks! Tom

/ Help, Wife overdosing me with Zuchinni everything #30  
Next spring I'm gonna speak up when we're at the nursery - Not more than 2 zuchinni plants!

A bit of relevant humor...

The definition of having no friends: Buying zuchinni in August.