Daylite savings time

/ Daylite savings time #1  

arrow

Tractor
Mahindra 3016
Of all the asinine things we do as a species, this has got to be near the top. First, all the premises we heard when growing up were all wrong. "It was for the farmers" but farmers hated it as a result of animal schedules being thrown off. "It saves energy" but that may have been true during Ben Franklin's time when people walked around or used horses. Now, any electricity being saved is being used up with people jumping in their cars and going to the beach, or to the bike path, or out to dinner by the lake or wherever else getting dark at 9 pm brings into the picture. "Oh but it's so nice for it to get dark later" Tell that to the guy that had to get up at 5am as opposed to the worker that has a 9-5 job. Now this guy's body has to get up at 4am. Look at the increase in heart attacks during transition (6%) A baby needs to go to sleep in the dark. Hard to do if its light out at 9. Isn't 7 or 8 pm light good enough? If we really want to save energy, then no one should get up before the sun.
Besides, this started on a premise. Probably the real reason was so Ben Franklin could walk the streets with his mistress in Europe while it was light.
Can we just set the dumb clocks a half hour ahead including Greenwich time, and just leave them alone from now on?

/ Daylite savings time #2  
I don't care for it either. For guys who hobby farm or serious second job farm, they might benefit from an extra hour of summertime daylight once they get home from their day job. I suppose there are examples like that where it benefits someone.
Dave.

/ Daylite savings time #3  
I also heard it causes the heart attack rate to rise

/ Daylite savings time #4  
I don't care for it either. For guys who hobby farm or serious second job farm, they might benefit from an extra hour of summertime daylight once they get home from their day job. I suppose there are examples like that where it benefits someone.
Dave.

By mid June it will stay light here until 10pm. Gives me a lot of time for working on the farm after work. It's the getting up at 4am to get morning chores done before work that sucks.

/ Daylite savings time #5  
I do not care for it either. It may have been a good idea years ago, maybe. For a farmer, I do not think it matters. They work sun up to sun down.

Arizona does not do the time change. They do just fine without it.

Isn't there one other state that does not change time?

/ Daylite savings time #6  
I do not care for it either. It may have been a good idea years ago, maybe. For a farmer, I do not think it matters. They work sun up to sun down.

Arizona does not do the time change. They do just fine without it.

Isn't there one other state that does not change time?

Hawaii.

/ Daylite savings time #7  
Of all the asinine things we do as a species, this has got to be near the top. First, all the premises we heard when growing up were all wrong. "It was for the farmers" but farmers hated it as a result of animal schedules being thrown off. "It saves energy" but that may have been true during Ben Franklin's time when people walked around or used horses. Now, any electricity being saved is being used up with people jumping in their cars and going to the beach, or to the bike path, or out to dinner by the lake or wherever else getting dark at 9 pm brings into the picture. "Oh but it's so nice for it to get dark later" Tell that to the guy that had to get up at 5am as opposed to the worker that has a 9-5 job. Now this guy's body has to get up at 4am. Look at the increase in heart attacks during transition (6%) A baby needs to go to sleep in the dark. Hard to do if its light out at 9. Isn't 7 or 8 pm light good enough? If we really want to save energy, then no one should get up before the sun.
Besides, this started on a premise. Probably the real reason was so Ben Franklin could walk the streets with his mistress in Europe while it was light.
Can we just set the dumb clocks a half hour ahead including Greenwich time, and just leave them alone from now on?

Lazy sucker. He should try getting up at 4am every day.

/ Daylite savings time #8  
The world has changed since they started daylight savings. Not too many people seem to like it. :( I think in Canada the province of Saskatchewan also does not use daylight savings.

/ Daylite savings time #9  
It's always been on my list of most despised ideas. I have a powerful body clock, and while it keeps time very well, and woke me app. 4:15AM for 20+ years without an alarm, it has always struggled with this silly notion. Worst is the spring, "losing" an hour. When I had to get up at a set time it took me a month or more to recover from the spring change. I have no doubt I was less productive for at least that long. Farmer.....I never bought that one. Farmer does his work by the sun and by what is necessary when....I live in a rural area, and don't know a single farmer that farms by the clock.

/ Daylite savings time #10  
It's always been on my list of most despised ideas. I have a powerful body clock, and while it keeps time very well, and woke me app. 4:15AM for 20+ years without an alarm, it has always struggled with this silly notion. Worst is the spring, "losing" an hour. When I had to get up at a set time it took me a month or more to recover from the spring change. I have no doubt I was less productive for at least that long. Farmer.....I never bought that one. Farmer does his work by the sun and by what is necessary when....I live in a rural area, and don't know a single farmer that farms by the clock.

I am the only one I know who benefits from this. Working a full time job and working on the farm after work until dark many nights through the summer, the extra hour does help. However, I still hate the spring change. I would rather stay on Daylight Savings Time year round.