Moral question

/ Moral question #1  

Mike_Dumond

Gold Member
Tractor
B6100D Kubota
You've been hired by a news service to cover the war in Afganistan as a photographer. While on assignment, walking through the mountains with your guide, you come upon a raging river. Upon closer observation, you see a man being swept down river. You recognize him as ***** bin Laden. Now for the toughest question of your life. What shutter speed do you use???

/ Moral question #2  
Har Dee Har

Ya got me.

Sounds like something above 500 would be appropriate since it appears the water is moving fast. Of course aperature and film speed are also key. It could be a bad lighting situation, as raging rivers are often found in gorges, or at least deeper between mountians.

It's getting near the time to commemorate those who lost their lives and loved ones due to his cowardly act, isn't it? It'd be nice to have some progress in that area as a commemoration - what do you bet that isn't the first time that thought surfaced?

/ Moral question #3  
On second thought, it may be more appropriate to carry some sort of point and shoot affair, for use in surprise situations such as this. Several brands come to mind: Canon, Minolta, Kodak, Remington, Winchester, Weatherby.

G'night

/ Moral question #4  
You drop the camera, jump in the river and save him. It's the civilized thing to do. Then you brain him with a rock, carry his carcass back to civilization and collect the 25 million dollar dead or alive reward for his hiney. On second thought, you make him walk back and then brain him. Then you go buy an automatic camera, they take the guesswork out of taking pictures. :)

/ Moral question
You know, I hadn't thought of the reward. Hmmm, new tractor, FEL, BH, box-blade, york rake, tiller, bush hog, finnish mower and the list goes on. Was that dead or alive??????????

/ Moral question #6  
<font color=blue>"Was that dead or alive??????????"</font color=blue>

Should be.....Dead or Deader! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Moral question #7  
GolfGar4,

I was talking to one of my neighbors last weekend. Kinda
funny rural setup, he was driving up the private road to
visit me at the end of the day and he stopped to talk with
some other neighbors who where out walking with their kids.
He is on his restored JD M tractor. I think its a two stroke
since the engine goes Put Put Put Put Put. I LOVE listening
to this thing. I drive up in my F350 turbo diesel, see him and
the neighbors so I stop to talk, chat, gossip. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif But
before we could start wagg'n the jaws we had to turn off
the diesels, we could not hear anyone over the Clack Clack
Clack of my truck and the Put Put Put of his tractor. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
I just wanted to listen to the truck and tractor chatter.
/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Kinda funny to see him sitting on his tractor, while I
sit in my truck talking to the walking neighbors. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Heard lots of new gossip. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Now what in the heck does this have to do with Bini Babe?
I'm getting there just taking the long way. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Well the M Tractor Guy is up there in age and has a wife who
is in bad shape. She gets worse everytime I talk to him. She
has some form of dementia, not Altzhiemers, but something
else and its just getting worse, Worse, and WORSE. He does
not think his wife will last much longer....

As we are talking about his wife he said that he would not
wish the dementia on ANYONE. He then said including Bini
Baby. He said he would shoot the $%^&*( but he would not
wish dementia on him....

Made me think quite a bit....

Later,
Dan

/ Moral question #8  
<font color=blue>"As we are talking about his wife he said that he would not wish the dementia on ANYONE."</font color=blue>

<font color=blue>"Made me think quite a bit...."</font color=blue>

Dan,

I know exactly what you mean. Vince, one of my golfing buds, is going through the exact same thing with his wife right now. Vince retired about 2.5 years ago, and he and his wife had planned on taking off and traveling around in a big motor home they bought. Well, just before he retired, his wife is diagnosed with dementia. She's slowly gotten worse and worse over these last few years. Their motor home has never been driven. When Vince is able to play golf with us, he shows up looking absolutely exhausted, and generally mad at the world. We try to cheer him up, and are usually successful within a few minutes. But to hear what his wife puts him through, and he understands that its not her fault, is absolutely sucking him dry. He's said many times that he'd gladly work 18 hours a day until the day he dies if he could just have his wife back. I don't think I've ever seen anyone so miserable in their retirement. /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif

After spending an afternoon with Vince, who is really a great guy, I remind myself how lucky my wife and I are. So I can definitely understand what your neighbor means.

/ Moral question #9  
If his wife is at home and he's the primary caregiver, there may be a reason he looks so stressed. One of the biggest problems is that people with dementia need 24/7 watching. Their sleep cycles get messed up and they can be up and active any time of the day or night. The best thing would be to make sure he gets at least one full night of sleep a week and a day off - make a schedule and help him with the "babysitting". Most people won't ask for that type of help, but it can make an incredible difference. This problem is very sad since hard work can't make it go away.