Tip of the day

/ Tip of the day #1  

Ozarker

Veteran Member
Tractor
Yanmar 1500D
To maintain domestic tranquillity, if your wife drives into the driveway, runs into your tractor and then claims she didn't see the large red thing in broad daylight, don't laugh at her. I've been hiding out in the computer room for the past three hours and will venture out to try and fix something for supper after she goes to bed.

Somehow it's my fault she hit that parked tractor that hasn't moved for a week.

/ Tip of the day #2  
Some days no matter what they run into it's your fault. Just gotta keep a /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Hope the tractor pulls through too.

Carl

/ Tip of the day #3  
There were three of us in the car one day. One of the guys was griping about his wife, menopause had really changed her. I told him the best thing he could do was just agree with her and do whatever she said. If she said, "jump" then he'd better jump. The last guy said that he didn't agree with that. I asked him how many wives has he had (he was on his fourth). End of discussion.

She speaks, I listen and agree.

/ Tip of the day #4  
Thanks for the grin Jim.

My wife is standing behind me ironing her clothes for the day (pink and black in honor of some long dead king, go figure). She says she understands completely and you're definitely in the wrong.

I'm sure you parked the darn red thing over six inches from where you've always parked it before just to get her goat.

Now you've got the car too.

I think along with that cold supper you ought to include a call to the florist.

And remember, we're laughing with you and not at you. We all have tractors and wives.

/ Tip of the day #5  
Harv - I do the ironing. I can press a skirt like there's no tomorrow. Deb says she's gonna get me a French Maid's outfit - can't find one in a 3X, though.

"If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy"

A bit of humor, a bit of truth. We have a responsibility like the police: to protect and serve.

/ Tip of the day #6  
"If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy"

You sure hit that nail right on the hammer.

/ Tip of the day #7  
I had a similar thing happen just last weekend. I had taken my Deere over to a friend's to use the backhoe at one corner of her lot. That corner was at an alley and the street. I was mostly on her property and had my flashers on at high noon so I could be seen.

A couple cars approached slowly to enter the alley and were able to do so with no problem. I'm off the tractor and it's even turned off when another vehicle approaches and we motion them on in as there's plently of room.

Well, plenty of room if you know how to drive, anyhow. This woman apparently didn't and managed to catch her bumper and fender on one of the teeth on my backhoe bucket. I'm standing there with a shovel in my hand when this happens and can only grab the bucket and pull it away from her car. Fortunately, as she turns further she cleared it with the rest of her car.

The sad part is this is an older woman who hadn't had her brand new car thirty days yet. Of course, when she parks in her drive she looks at the scratch and determines it was my fault somehow.

I tried to explain the bucket had not only not moved but there was no one on the tractor when she hit it; she had effectively hit a parked vehicle. Here I was attempting to use logic where it was not at all welcome. She said she was going to call the police and her son so I hung around for over an hour before I even moved the tractor and no one ever showed up. My guess is everyone told her it wasn't anyone's fault but her own.

While I felt badly for her, I sure wasn't about to take on the responsibility of fixing her car because she hit something that was parked. Then, on the other hand, I don't have to live with this driver, either. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Tip of the day #8  
I'll bet all us married guys could contribute "interesting" tales in a similar vein, but I for one would be afraid to have my name attached to them on the net! The wife doesn't surf yet, but with my luck she'd somehow sense there was something out there.

Here's to she who must be obeyed. Not understood, mind you. Just obeyed.

Chuck

/ Tip of the day #9  
What's for dinner? Hot tongue and cold shoulder. When that is the menu you are in deep do-do.

GS

PS: Yes.. when they are happy we all are happy.

/ Tip of the day #10  
<font color=blue>"If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy"</font color=blue>

And if Papa ain't happy, ain't nobody cares" /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif