Wouldn't it be cool if....

/ Wouldn't it be cool if.... #1  

_RaT_

Tractor
Kioti 3510-SE HST
I keep thinking some company like CAT, Bobcat, CASE would build a compact tractor with some quality industrial steel. When I look at our CAT 236B skid steer everything is made of steel that is so much thicker than anything Kubota, Deere, New Holland Massey etc make. I want a compact with steel thick enough that sticks and stones won't dent its tin. Fenders, engine cowling, floor etc are all just one stick away from being transformed to a new shape. I can't help but think if they put 1/4" steel on the engine and fenders, added to the price what it took to do it that we would have folks here talking about it with considerable enthusiasm. I would say if anything the designs get less industrial i.e. Kubota L48 vs anything else Kubota makes in the compact tractor lineup. Even at that, the L48 pales in comparison to anything industrial. Now before you start telling me that it would be way to expensive, our CAT 236B with 2 buckets, tooth and smooth, 5 foot hydraulic mower and hydraulic auger with 10" auger bit set us back $35,000 with a 2 year service contract. I think it could be done even if it meant less curvy looks.

/ Wouldn't it be cool if.... #2  
What about weight?

A compact that weighed in at 7-10,000lbs wouldn't be all that compact.

/ Wouldn't it be cool if.... #3  
   / Wouldn't it be cool if....
What about weight?

A compact that weighed in at 7-10,000lbs wouldn't be all that compact.

I don't think you would add more than 500lbs. Think about it, there is not that much around the engine, the fenders and the floor.

/ Wouldn't it be cool if....
Check out the Power Tracs. All plate steel construction. No sheet metal. No plastic. Welded up right here in the good ol' U.S. of A.

My PT425 is a TANK yet it only weighs about 1500# with me on it. Should it start to rust, just use the grinder, some primer and some paint to touch up. Nothing fancy, just a solid, all steel machine that works. :D

Versatile Tractors,Compact Tractors,Trailer Packages,Landscaping,Utility Vehicle Rentals,Mowers-Power Trac

I know and you can actually weld on it with a stick welder when needed. I have not looked at them in years, did they ever incorporate a diesel into a design?

/ Wouldn't it be cool if.... #6  
And if they built automobiles to aircraft specifications they wouldn't break down as often...unfortunately it's just not logical or economically feasable...

/ Wouldn't it be cool if.... #7  
I know and you can actually weld on it with a stick welder when needed. I have not looked at them in years, did they ever incorporate a diesel into a design?

They have many different size models. Mine is the small 400 series. The 400's use a gas engine. All of the other models use diesels.