Why can't UPS/FED EX be this fast?

/ Why can't UPS/FED EX be this fast? #1  

turbo36

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD X739 AWS (3), 2016 Toolcat, JD 2038R
Had a supplier ship a sample to me on Friday from Orlando Florida, I received here in Michigan on Monday!! A 4 oz. padded envelope delivered for $1.92, don't get much better then that.

/ Why can't UPS/FED EX be this fast? #2  
I agree that USPS is probably one of the best bargains in the USA and the best mail delivery system in the world.

With the sheer volume of business that they have delivering millions of pieces a day there will always be some problems and lots of people complaining about them but I just wish many other quasi-public agencies could be run so well.

/ Why can't UPS/FED EX be this fast? #3  
I ordered a router on Wednesday night. I tracked it on FedEx and it went from Carol Stream, IL to Chicago, IL to Nashville, TN to my house in southern IN by noon on Saturday.

I was more than happy with that speed, though a bit confused by the route it took.

/ Why can't UPS/FED EX be this fast? #4  
I ordered a router on Wednesday night. I tracked it on FedEx and it went from Carol Stream, IL to Chicago, IL to Nashville, TN to my house in southern IN by noon on Saturday.

I was more than happy with that speed, though a bit confused by the route it took.

Carol Stream is a burb of Chicago, UPS moves stuff through major sorting/ shipping hubs. My guess would be that Nashville is the closest hub.

Try ordering something from Washington state and see how it is routed. Most of them seem to go from Washington to Kansas, then to Chicago, then ???

/ Why can't UPS/FED EX be this fast? #5  
When I was stationed in the Navy at Panama City Florida, I once had a letter delivered to me with only my name on it... no address or zip code. Letter was from Virginia. To this day, can't figure how it was done. Wish I had saved it.

mark

/ Why can't UPS/FED EX be this fast? #6  
Just an FYI - FedEx transports the USPS mail between airports.

/ Why can't UPS/FED EX be this fast?
And both UPS and FedEx drop packages off at Post Offices for delivery by mail carriers.

That is correct, one of my suppliers in New York ships via Fed Ex; they get them to Chicago and then mail them to me!