How do you like your beef? (PNW Picnic)

/ How do you like your beef? (PNW Picnic) #1  

dcyrilc

Tractor
John Deere 2240 MFWD
I'm looking to host a potluck picnic for TBN members in the PNW at my 17 acre farm in Woodinville, Washington. I have two cows scheduled for butcher on May 15th of which I plan to hold back a 1/2 beef for the picnic. Beyond that it will be a potluck.

Current thoughts are for mid August. I have a family reunion to go to the first weekend in August and fair season starts the last week of August. The picnic will fall somewhere in between.

Anyone interested?

Last edited:
   / How do you like your beef? (PNW Picnic) #2  
Sounds like fun, i wish i lived closer as i'd like to meet some of the folks on here.
Good luck, and you can send me a steak if you like, just knock the horns off and serve it warm. thats how i like them

/ How do you like your beef? (PNW Picnic) #3  
That could be fun. I live in Renton so it isn't far. Depending on what days I am trying to get down to work in Haiti on some Missions trips which may happen in August or September.

/ How do you like your beef? (PNW Picnic) #4  
Lived in Coupeville Washington for 10 years... loved it. After retirement from the Navy, NAS Whidbey Island, couldn't handle the Washington State taxes anymore, moved back to Virginia.

mark

/ How do you like your beef? (PNW Picnic)
Lived in Coupeville Washington for 10 years... loved it. After retirement from the Navy, NAS Whidbey Island, couldn't handle the Washington State taxes anymore, moved back to Virginia.

mark

I don't blame you. After retirement, we're looking at the mountians of northern New Mexico for a possible new home.:laughing:

Sounds like fun, i wish i lived closer as i'd like to meet some of the folks on here.
Good luck, and you can send me a steak if you like, just knock the horns off and serve it warm. thats how i like them

Not sure about shipping, but I'll certianly eat one for you!:thumbsup:

/ How do you like your beef? (PNW Picnic) #7  
I'm looking to host a potluck picnic for TBN members in the PNW at my 17 acre farm in Woodinville, Washington. .....
Current thoughts are for mid August. ....
Anyone interested?

Might nice of you to offer to host such AND with 1/2 a beef to boot!
We'll be there if the creek don't rise, etc.
Might have to come by car though. Bit far of a drive for the tractor, and the
XYL would not care to ride in the FEL.

Regardless, thanks for the offer. Keep us posted as to final date decision.

Dennis (and Karen)

How about August 14th? Anyone game for that?

/ How do you like your beef? (PNW Picnic) #9  
Mighty kind of you dcyrilc. :)

Just tad to far from the other coast line. :(

/ How do you like your beef? (PNW Picnic) #10  
Cyril:

Thanks so much for the invite. I shall have to see where things have progressed by that point. I have acerage in Stevens County that I am working on with a goal of having it semi habitable this summer. Still a very long way to go. Nevertheless, I will put August 14 on the calendar.